Stopping over for a week in Singapore

Australia Bound

Hi folks, we are flying one way to Brisbane on 4th November or thereabouts. I was thinking about laying over in Singapore for a weeks holiday, but it appears to almost double the flight cost

For a family of four

GLA-SIN - £2190

1 week layover

SIN-BRI - £2000

total £4190

GLA-SIN-BRI - £2600

Does this sound normal or am i missing something daft?

cheers

You may find a 'round the world' ticket cheaper - you don't have to use the return leg (or make the rellies happy and have a trip back after 11 months...the tickets are usually valid for 12!)

Some airlines offer free stopovers - not sure if that can extend to a week but it could be an option.

Or cut costs and get a budget airline from Singapore to Brisbane - just watch out for luggage costs.

Have you used Skyscanner - even with the premium airlines i am not getting close to £2000 for a family of four SIN-BNE

Malaysian Airlines have flights for £73 each on 11th November (you do have to transit in KL)

Eithan have direct flights for £230 each though.

We want some sort of stop over to break up the flight on our one way to Melbourne. SIN seemed the best option to us as well, hadn't really thought about extra flight cost. I did think Singapore air did some sort of package for this with a few nights hotel stay etc. Getting you to spend time and money in their country and all ??

Hi folks, we are flying one way to Brisbane on 4th November or thereabouts. I was thinking about laying over in Singapore for a weeks holiday, but it appears to almost double the flight cost

For a family of four

GLA-SIN - £2190

1 week layover

SIN-BRI - £2000

total £4190

GLA-SIN-BRI - £2600

Does this sound normal or am i missing something daft?

cheers

It is probably simply the case that a cheaper fare bucket is sold out (or does not have 4 seats available) on one of the flights...presumably SIN-BNE by the looks of it. In that case all flights in the itinerary will be bumped up to the more expensive fare bucket. If you are not having any luck online I'd go see a travel agent who can probably easily find the best days...a week seems a long time for a Singapore stopover so you can probably be a bit flexible on days!

It is probably simply the case that a cheaper fare bucket is sold out (or does not have 4 seats available) on one of the flights...presumably SIN-BNE by the looks of it. In that case all flights in the itinerary will be bumped up to the more expensive fare bucket. If you are not having any luck online I'd go see a travel agent who can probably easily find the best days...a week seems a long time for a Singapore stopover so you can probably be a bit flexible on days!

thanks for all the replies folks, lots of helpful info.