new UK child passport application from oz

muminoz

hi

anyone done this who can help my tired brain?!

Do I need to send my UK passport too as proof of my childs eligibility as well as my birth certificate and HIS birth certificate-am I right? anything else? also struggling to find someone on the list for countersigning who has a UK passport. thinking my vet would qualify as a member of a professional body?????

Not being dumb just a lot going on at the moment with relocating back to the UK and read WAY too many forms recently!!!

Thanks in advance.

mary

I vaguely recall that when we applied for our two to have UK passports (they were born here and we are still resident here) we only sent their birth certificates and my partners birth certificate (he is the Brit so only needed his) and didnt have to send his passport.

That said, there are some requirements for adult identification which you may need to send your passport for but I think your birth certificate is generally all that is needed.

The website link is here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/british-passport-child-supporting-documentation

[h=1]SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION NEEDED TO APPLY FOR A BRITISH PASSPORT FOR THE FIRST TIME - CHILD [/h][h=2](Born outside of the UK)[/h]

Documents from the following list should be presented in support of your child’s passport application. Unless otherwise stated, original documents are always required and will be returned after examination. Photocopies and laminated documents are not accepted.

The onus is on the applicant to provide enough evidence to satisfy the Passport Officer of their identity and claim to hold a British passport. It will help your child’s application by submitting as many of the items below as you can. False documents will prejudice your child’s application.

When satisfactory documentation has been produced and enquiries completed, the applicant and/or parent may be interviewed by the Passport Officer.

Please note that any DNA test undertaken independently of the British High Commission will NOT be recognised.

1. An application form properly completed and countersigned, together with two passport-sized photographs (one should be properly endorsed by the person countersigning the passport application form).

2. BIRTH CERTIFICATE

• SA Home Affairs vault copy of birth certificate (BI-24), OR
  • Full (unabridged) birth certificate if issued within one year of birth

3. IDENTITY DOCUMENTS

• If not born in the country from which you are applying, the passport that the child used to travel to that country (permanent residence certificate or naturalisation certificate for that country would also be considered)

4. PARENTAL DOCUMENTS

• Current identification for both parents:

· Evidence of how parent became British: e.g. original full birth certificate or original

naturalisation / registration certificate

• Full, unabridged marriage certificate (must show marital status, e.g. bachelor and spinster)
  • If either parent has married before, divorce document or death certificate from previous partner

5. NAME CHANGES

· If you or your child now use a different name to the one on your birth certificate, please present an official name change document from the relevant government department (or deed poll)

· If the name change is through marriage, please present your marriage certificate (a certified copy would be accepted)

You may be asked to provide further documentation if deemed necessary.

The application fee is not refundable should the application be refused or withdrawn.