First time tax return completeing from UK

Boomer14

I am trying to complete my tax return and need to link my gov account to the ATO. It is asking for a bank account previously had tax returned to, super in last 5 years. As this is the first one how do I either complete the link or my tax return. I am now back in the UK and find it hard to contact the tax office.

Thanks for assistance in advance

Boomer

I am trying to complete my tax return and need to link my gov account to the ATO. It is asking for a bank account previously had tax returned to, super in last 5 years. As this is the first one how do I either complete the link or my tax return. I am now back in the UK and find it hard to contact the tax office.

Thanks for assistance in advance

Boomer

Yes I did mine recently. I linked by providing my super ABN and the gross income per this years tax certificate from my employer - can you not choose these two options?

Otherwise I think you will have to do a paper return. Not a very helpful or user friendly change in my opinion, new this year.

I am also doing my first tax return - this very moment, in fact! It took a couple of phone calls to get my mygov account to link with ATO, and when it finally did, it still wouldn't allow me to do my tax return online.

The paper version is available to print out here: https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Tax-return/2014/In-detail/Publications/Tax-return-for-individuals-2013-14/

We tried to fill our first one at the end of July but could not log in. Contacted ATO who said we had to wait until after the 14th August. Went online last Sunday, set up Mygov account and linked to ATO. Then linked to Mytax and after answering a few questions we were able to submit our tax returns. It was a bit long winded but finally got it done and found a nice tax rebate in our account this morning.

Once the OH finds out it will all be spent.