Perth ! Mindarie,Hillary's & surrounding areas Primary School Help Needed

Guest Beach Babe

Guest Beach Babe

Hi all, i really need some advice.

We are making our move next summer my daughter will be 6 when we arrive, so still unsure what year she will go into her bday is 30/1/05.

We are hoping to move to the Mindarie area although we loved Hillary's and many surrounding areas. Can anyone let me know what the school is called in Mindarie and what the chances are of getting in, do we need to rent there whilst we are looking for house/land to buy ?

Also if anyone has children in schools in surrounding areas name of schools etc.

Thanks I have spent all day reading through but don't feel like i'm getting anywhere.....:err:

Hi all, i really need some advice.

We are making our move next summer my daughter will be 6 when we arrive, so still unsure what year she will go into her bday is 30/1/05.

We are hoping to move to the Mindarie area although we loved Hillary's and many surrounding areas. Can anyone let me know what the school is called in Mindarie and what the chances are of getting in, do we need to rent there whilst we are looking for house/land to buy ?

Also if anyone has children in schools in surrounding areas name of schools etc.

Thanks I have spent all day reading through but don't feel like i'm getting anywhere.....:err:

Your child will start Year 1 in February 2011.

Mindarie Primary School. Very strict on catchment areas to the point that if you rent in the suburb and they buy out of the suburb later they expect you to remove your child.

Hillarys Primary School doesn't enjoy the best of reputations despite being in a nice suburb.

I live in Connolly and my children attend Connolly Primary School (I also work there). Nice school, good experienced teachers and nice children (for the most part ;) Currambine and Beaumaris Primary Schools both good too although at 900+ kids some newcomers find that a bit daunting if they have come from smaller schools.

Although at 6 you may feel like High School is a long way off please consider this when you are deciding where to live. I live in a nice suburb where house prices are reasonably high but half the suburb are in catchment for one of the worst High Schools in the district. High School will come around quicker than you think.

Guest Beach Babe

Thanks so it seems the way to go is find a good Primary school but pay for secondary education??

Whats the difference between Community schools & Private?

Also does this mean the likes of Peter Moyes in Mindarie & St Marks in Hillary's get very over subscribed??

Guest Beach Babe

oh i hate all this schooling stuff weve been through all this in UK as we didnt get our first three choices and were offered a really crap school. We ended up putting our daughter in Private. But my plans were for OZ to have state primary and if we HAVE to go Private seconday but it seems they dont have space for all these kids that want to go Private ???? help i am going mad..........................

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kazzie8

:rolleyes:Hi i need some advice I left perth 6 years ago on the grounds my son had learning difficulties dyslexia ect there was no help for him he went through 6 schools .. hes now reading but still as many difficulties in his education im planning to move back to perth this year full of fear for him hes now 16 but 4 years behind academically .. would he still be able to go back into the school system as he as been put back to year age 14 in the uk ... I have to return as all my family are there and feeling very low ... if he fails academically what othere options does he have in the education system? his gifts is sports hes well above average in this area .. any ideas and positives and negatives would be apprciated .. have a gday all .. mia

• 3 months later...

Archived