Teaching Positions? where to find them?

Guest dougie32

Guest dougie32

Hi Can anyone let me know where the teaching positions jobs are advertised? I have looked in the Catholic Teachers website but there are hardly any jobs ! Also looked on the Western Australian job site and there was only one job advertised any help would be appreciated as i am moving out to Perth in 6 weeks cheers joe

Which state?

Our application process has a couple of steps - first a merit round which is usually finished by about July/Aug with applications in by May - that gives you a ranking for appointment and either a job offer or not. Then we have the transfer round which is usually around now and essentially all the current teachers are considered first then anyone off the merit round in order of ranking.

I know other states do it differently - some, if you are new to the system, just basically put you in the hard to fill places and you dont really get a say about where you are placed other than some vague geographic location.

I would imagine that each state has its own list of vacancies perhaps on their gov site - ours is.

Guest elliebell

dont be fooled by getting points as a teacher to come here, permanent teaching jobs are very hard to come by it is a very different system here of transfers rarther than interviews .if you are prepared to teach anywhere you will probably get a job easily .Are you primary or secondary. you should get plenty of casual work ,again thats in nsw maybe WA is very different, good luck.

Archived