peregian beach college

Guest jennydot

Guest jennydot

Hi we're considering sending the children to Peregian Beach College on the sunshine coast at Peregian Springs. Just wondered if anyone has any information on the school good or bad, as can't find much info on it elsewhere. Thanks

Hi

My kids are at St Andrews at Peregian Springs, which is also a private school, I looked at Peregian Beach College myself and although it was a lovely school it was very quiet, and not much life within the classrooms. There's not a lot of facilities either at the college compared to other schools around. www.saac.qld.edu.au is St Andrews web site, my kids are very very happy there. There is also a new state school opening in January in the springs only for children who live at the springs or in Peregian beach I think. I can get you the details of the principal if you want to enquire on that one. We lived at Peregian for a few months but are now back up in Noosa. Are you already in Oz or coming over soon??

Ailie

Guest MOLLOYS5
Hi

My kids are at St Andrews at Peregian Springs, which is also a private school, I looked at Peregian Beach College myself and although it was a lovely school it was very quiet, and not much life within the classrooms. There's not a lot of facilities either at the college compared to other schools around. www.saac.qld.edu.au is St Andrews web site, my kids are very very happy there. There is also a new state school opening in January in the springs only for children who live at the springs or in Peregian beach I think. I can get you the details of the principal if you want to enquire on that one. We lived at Peregian for a few months but are now back up in Noosa. Are you already in Oz or coming over soon??

Ailie

Hi Allie,

We have been thinking of Noosa for w while now,how do you find the heat?? We are in Sydney on the Northern beaches and like it but it is soo expensive here, we have been renting for TWO AND A HALF YEARS!!!!

I have really good friends on the SC but don't know anyone in Noosa, kids are 7,9 and 2 and me and hubby are both Nurses.

Would love to hear your two bobs worth.

Thanks Bridget.:jiggy:

Hi sorry for delay in reply we have rellies here from the Uk at the mo. Noosa is fab, we love it here, the heat is only really bad Jan and Feb with the humidity, had two beautiful winters 08 and 09 think my jumper only came out a few days. My kids are 12, 10 and 8, all very happy here as there is year round sport for them. TBH we rent too, we built when we arrived but regretted it soon after, I enjoy being able to flit from the beach to the river to where ever takes my fancy each year without any hassles, the kids enjoy the moving too, which is a surprise. We have a fab new house in Noosa for $600 a week, beautiful pool, tennis court, can't ask for more... Have you visited Noosa??

Speak soon

Ailie

Guest MOLLOYS5

Hi Allie,

Yes we have,I love Noosa, we just had an offer accepted on a house here in Sydney's Northern Beaches so I guess that has made the decision for us, will be in touch if it falls through and we decide to move your way,enjoy your Summer!

• 5 months later...

hi there

we are moving to Noosa december 2010 ( if the business visa EVER comes through!)

my hubbi and i have 2 kids 12 and 5 - we are looking at St Andrews or Good Shepherd Lutheran College - do anyone know what the latter is like . Facilities look fab on line but i am not just going by that! Also, hows life in Noosa for anyone with kids approaching teenage years . suddenly getting the heebies about my eldest leaving London life ( although i really cant wait!) any info much appreciated!

Hi Niki,

We are hoping to move to Noosa/peregian this summer.I have twins who will be 16 in july who thank god are looking forward to the move. I think yours are young enough to adapt well, and probably your eldest is a good age to enter teenage life out there. I have only looked at St Andrews and haven't heard of the other one, I have heard great things about St Andrews it's quite a top rated school in qld. We are also awaiting business visa, when did you lodge yours? have you a co yet?We lodged ours sept 09 , a long wait ahead!!!

hi there PARBUTTN

we put in our application in August ! so v near to you . Where about in Kent are you - we are in v close to borders of Kent in SE London

how long to you think your visa is going to take then ? we were quoted between 6 - 9 months but haven;t got a case officer yet! this is truly the worst bit. We have got a business in mind to hit the ground running - but will also look at other businesses once out there. How about you ? Good to hear your twins are looking forward to the move - are they boys / girls

ooh lots of questions but great to hear from someone at the same stage as us!

Hi Niki,

Just spoke to my agent who said case officer has been allocated for his june applicant nothing yet for his 30th july applicant.DIAC told me about 3 weeks ago that they were processing latter part of july 09 visas. My agent also told me the application process time is still only for CO allocation not issue time,like I thought. Then they always want more info and then meds/pcc last stage,so still a bloody long time!!ARGHH. We sold our home and business last summer and currently living in rural maidstone in kent with our parents!! Just rec'd some alternative news from someone possibly to sponsor my hubby instead so hopefully get out there sooner, this seems too good to be true and i shouldnt get excited or we might end up going on a bridging tourist visa, as we cant spend another winter here. the twins are girls and its been really tough on them living with 70yr old grandparents in the middle of nowhere no broadband or mobile phone signal,and about 5 miles from their school and friends.Hubby not worked since august,at first enjoyed it "early retirement" now getting bored, plus he's a rubbish house husband!!! Love him to bits but he's under my feet all the time !! Agree it's great to talk to someone on same visa not many 163's

Nicki x

Hi there Nicki

i can see why you are getting frustrated! it gets very hard to keep the dream alive when you are stuck in limbo. We are in process of negotiations on business, hope fully should be nailed in next couple of months, house still needs to go up for sale , and i know how you feel about another winter here . Always had december 2010 in my mind (for the move) - hopefully not wonderful world of walt disney. Fingers crossed that you may have other options - let me know how you are progressing - BTW we are in sunny eltham so not too far , we have friends in West Malling which i think is near ? lets keep in the loop with progress !

• 8 months later...
Guest erlac42
Hi we're considering sending the children to Peregian Beach College on the sunshine coast at Peregian Springs. Just wondered if anyone has any information on the school good or bad, as can't find much info on it elsewhere. Thanks

I've been living on the Sunshine Coast for 4 years. There are a large number of Brits on the coast, so any school you go to will have an expat community of some sort. My kids go to Peregian Beach College and love it. It is a small school that is growing steadily and has a very nice family oriented feel. It is a private school, but is less expensive then St.Andrew's. Peregian Beach College has lovely rural surroundings and the classrooms are large, air conditioned and have interactive whiteboards. Class sizes vary between 12-20 kids so the ratios are very good.

They are also introducing iPads from grades 4 and up next year which I think will be really good.

Its up to you what sort of school experience you're after, but Peregian Beach College is certainly worth a look before you make your mind up.

Guest erlac42

Peregian Beach College also isn't affiliated with any church groups and welcomes anyone, so you know your kids won't be 'brainwashed' with other people's religious views!

Guest Guest31881

Hi Erlac,

Thanks for your input but this thread is 15 months old. I would imagine that jennydot has made her decision by now.

• 2 months later...
Guest Brocky50

Hi

I hope all your plans are falling into place. We moved to peregian from the uk 10 years ago and I still have to pinch myself at times to ensure it is real. We now have a nearly 9 year old daughter who attends peregian beach college. This will be her 6th year there and she loves it, her teachers, staff and friends and she is thriving both academically and as a person. We love it as it is small and personal with a lot of opportunities and encourages individuality.

The housing market is very slow at the moment and I believe a great time to buy. Having said that I know of some families that have moved over and purchased property and then regret this decision as they find another area that they might prefer to live in. Others have rented in various areas for a while until they decide where they want to be.

I hope some of this helps and I am happy to answer any qyestions regarding living in paradise.

Hi there Brocky50

thanks for the info on Peregian Beach College

we are hopefully going to be landing on the sunny coast around May time. I have contacted Peregian Beach College for my 2 boys Sam 12 and Louie 5. Its great to know you are happy with it.

we will look at other schools but this has been my secret fav one!

whereabouts do you live ?

spk soon

Niki

• 3 months later...
Guest Brocky50

:biggrin:Niki

We live at peregian beach. Have just seen your reply. Have you arrived yet?

Archived