University Query and Diabetes Query

Guest The Spoonies

Guest The Spoonies

Hi, my OH is joining the ADF through the lateral transfer process and we are currently waiting for our visas, we submitted the application first week in Feb and he has a start date of 3rd July. My daughters are both in the Scottish Education System with the eldest daughter finishing her Advanced Highers this summer and the youngest finishing her GCSEs (Intermediate 2s). Our dilemma is that the eldest has had several acceptances for Uni starting in September and has to accept a place and apply for her grant very soon. I'm hoping that the visa will come through in the next few weeks but what happens if it doesn't? I wish there was a way to find out where we stand. I can't think of anything in the application that would cause us problems other than the fact that our youngest daughter has Type 1 Diabetes and I know that this can throw up questions. Her medical was sent with a report from the Diabetic Clinic that she attends. Does anyone have experience with Diabetes and the Visa process? I contacted the Doctor who was at the interviews and he didn't think there would be a problem as she is young and fit with the Diabetes fairly well regulated (for a teenager!) with a lifetime of paying tax ahead of her. Any advice gratefully accepted!!!

Visas should be sorted soon under the ENS system, I presume. Diabetes should be no problem if Endochrinologist report confirms it is controlled and no serious damage to target organs - this is anecdotal advice - I am not medically qualified.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Guest The Spoonies

Thanks Tony,

You've made me feel a bit more at ease over the Diabetes! Suppose its just a waiting game now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chris the saint

Hi Spoonies,

Just toput your mind at rest our daughter age 11 was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at her medical and we were granted our visa, hope to move to Oz end of june.

If going to Queensland log onto http://www.daq.org.au and http://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au we found these sites really helpful.

If you have any more info please let us know.

Just out of curiosity what does ADF mean?

regards

chris & Teresa ( Hampshire)

Guest The Spoonies

Hi Chris and Teresa,

Glad we're not the only ones in this boat! How "under control" is your daughter's diabetes? My daughter is in the rebellious teenager stage and doesn't like intereference so we have backed off. Her last reading at the diabetic clinic was 9.5 which isn't great but I wouldn't class it as out of control. She has never been hospitalised other than initial diagnosis and to be honest she hasn't ever had a "turn" either. Would be great if you could PM me as it would be good to talk to someone else in the same position. As per Welshtone's reply, ADF, is Australian Defence Force.

Corina

Archived