State High Schools - Adelaide

Guest davilou

Guest davilou

Can anybody reccomend any State schools for my daughter who will be aged 15 (english year 10) in Adelaide please.Thanks

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like some advice on that too - my son is 15 and is in Year 10 here. We are looking at the Glenelg, Unley or Norwood areas. Are they good places to live?

Yes they are some of the best areas to live in Adelaide. Unley is an old area close to the city (2kms south), with lots of big old genlemen style houses on quite large blocks of land. This is quite expensive to buy around $700,000 +. Norwood is also close to the city (east) (and expensive) with lots of old cottage style housing and units. Norwood Parade is the main shopping street with lots of trendy cafes. Glenelg is about 8 kms west of the city and it is a beachside suburb. The closer to the beach, the more expensive the housing. There has been a number of high rise apartments built near the beach in the last ten years. The main street, Jetty Road is very popular on weekends(even more when the weather is hot), with lots of outdoor cafes. The beach and jetty are also drawcards.

As far as schools go, one of the best academic state schools is Marryatville High, which is on Kensington Road. It is in a good area surrounded by private schools. Maybe this is why it is better than other state schools. In the Glenelg area, Brighton High has a pretty good reputation, especially for music. Unley High School has an OK reputation. In these three areas, there are a number of very good private schools, ranging in price. If you want to know more about these, let me know.

Helen

Thanks for the advice Helen, we are looking at Melbourne as a potential location as well (we WILL make our minds up by the end of this month!). Dont' suppose you know about areas and schools there too?? Or does anyone else reading this? :roll: ??

• 4 years later...
Guest Seipeal1

Hi,

Could someone please advise, we are living in adelaide and our 12 year old son is currently in year 8. we have a choice of 2 schools, Marryatville and St. Peters College, I know very little about either and would welcome some advise.

Denise

Guest Seipeal1

Hi Helen,

I've just seen your advise on schools and would welcome your thoughts on two schools. Our son is in year 8 and we have the option of two schools for him St. Peters College and Marryatville, please can you advise as we know very little about either

Denise

Archived