In A Huge mess Need to talk to a stranger.

Guest Unregistered

Guest Unregistered

I have been with my BF for 2.5 years now we are both 25 I'm from UK AND he is from Australia we don't think too much about our future.

We lived in the UK for 2 years (not together because of our jobs) and just did a 3 month stint in Asia and now we are living with his parents in Sydney WESTERN SYDNEY basically the blue mountains.

I saved 5k GDP while living in London to travel Asia and move to Australia.Boyfriend saved about 1.5K GDP wanted to enjoy his time in UK.

I have PCOS so my period are not regular and thought it was just because of the stress of working 60hr+ week and the moving process.

I also thought pregnancy symptoms were Asia+heat symptoms.I know STUPID.

When we arrive in OZ we went to the doctors and SAID I WAS PREGNANT.

Termination was the plan until we found out at the abortion clinic last week that its way too late in the pregnancy.

I have little support in the UK.My family will not accept this pregnancy due to culture/religion.

UK Birth may not be the sensible option for me.

Im on a WHV and me and my BF managed to find a Job easily he has been saving pretty hard and we have a little saving about 10k Australian between us

We only found OK jobs in the CBD after about 2 weeks in OZ as there are no jobs in the mountains so we travel on train and bus 4 hrs a day 5 days a week

We are looking for Studio Flats now in Marrickville.

The commute is too much and my boyfriend won't tell his parent as he doesn't want them to feel like the baby is their responsibilty and wants get our own place first.

They are Catholic but nicer than my family as they let me live with them.

We hardly see each other and impossible to do anything in regards to scans and GP appointments when your working full time and travelling 20 hours a week each.

We have to constantly put things on hold in regards to house viewings because of our jobs and the commute.

I am guessing because I'm British we won't get help from the state.We need our jobs to pay for rent and to have this baby.

I have a medicare card But i am clueless in this this situation.

I would like to know how much does is cost to have a baby in this country?(Medical Cost)

Is my visa still valid if i have a baby? conditions say i can't have a dependant child.

Will they deport me out after i give birth?

Is my baby Australian OR British? Does it need a passport for me to take it back to the UK?

What happens after my Visa?

Me and BF would like to raise baby in UK we loved our life in the UK.

Australia is OK but We love Europe.FOOD,HISTORY CULTURE.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been with my BF for 2.5 years now we are both 25 I'm from UK AND he is from Australia we don't think too much about our future.

We lived in the UK for 2 years (not together because of our jobs) and just did a 3 month stint in Asia and now we are living with his parents in Sydney WESTERN SYDNEY basically the blue mountains.

I saved 5k GDP while living in London to travel Asia and move to Australia.Boyfriend saved about 1.5K GDP wanted to enjoy his time in UK.

I have PCOS so my period are not regular and thought it was just because of the stress of working 60hr+ week and the moving process.

I also thought pregnancy symptoms were Asia+heat symptoms.I know STUPID.

When we arrive in OZ we went to the doctors and SAID I WAS PREGNANT.

Termination was the plan until we found out at the abortion clinic last week that its way too late in the pregnancy.

I have little support in the UK.My family will not accept this pregnancy due to culture/religion.

UK Birth may not be the sensible option for me.

Im on a WHV and me and my BF managed to find a Job easily he has been saving pretty hard and we have a little saving about 10k Australian between us

We only found OK jobs in the CBD after about 2 weeks in OZ as there are no jobs in the mountains so we travel on train and bus 4 hrs a day 5 days a week

We are looking for Studio Flats now in Marrickville.

The commute is too much and my boyfriend won't tell his parent as he doesn't want them to feel like the baby is their responsibilty and wants get our own place first.

They are Catholic but nicer than my family as they let me live with them.

We hardly see each other and impossible to do anything in regards to scans and GP appointments when your working full time and travelling 20 hours a week each.

We have to constantly put things on hold in regards to house viewings because of our jobs and the commute.

I am guessing because I'm British we won't get help from the state.We need our jobs to pay for rent and to have this baby.

I have a medicare card But i am clueless in this this situation.

I would like to know how much does is cost to have a baby in this country?(Medical Cost)

Is my visa still valid if i have a baby? conditions say i can't have a dependant child.

Will they deport me out after i give birth?

Is my baby Australian OR British? Does it need a passport for me to take it back to the UK?

What happens after my Visa?

Congratulations on the Baby .

If you have medicare you are entitled to use it. There is usually no out of pocket expense in such a case. If you go private, your out of pocket could be anything above $2000 AUD. This entirely depends on the doctor you go to. Usually the govt maternity hospitals are quite good.

I guess you need to find a place clores to where you guys work, 20 hours travel is a tad too much.

baby would be eligible for Australian passport as one parent is an Australian Citizen.

You will not be deported from Australia, just inform immigration department about the child.

Good luck

Cheers!!

Your WHV will not be valid after the baby is born and you will need to leave very soon after. You may be eligible to apply for a partner visa to enable you to stay, consult a migration agent. If you do nothing, then the you will have to leave. The baby will be both Australian and British and you will require a passport for any travel.

However, if the baby is born here then you cannot remove the baby to the UK unless you have your boyfriend's permission.

The birth may be covered under the reciprocal agreement.

Edited by Sammy1

Congratulations on the Baby .

If you have medicare you are entitled to use it. There is usually no out of pocket expense in such a case. If you go private, your out of pocket could be anything above $2000 AUD. This entirely depends on the doctor you go to. Usually the govt maternity hospitals are quite good.

I guess you need to find a place clores to where you guys work, 20 hours travel is a tad too much.

baby would be eligible for Australian passport as one parent is an Australian Citizen.

You will not be deported from Australia, just inform immigration department about the child.

Good luck

Cheers!!

That is incorrect information. The OP cannot stay here simply because she has had a baby. Once the baby is born the WHV will not be valid as dependents are not allowed on it. She will need a different visa.

Edited by Sammy1

Guest Unregistered
Your WHV will not be valid after the baby is born and you will need to leave very soon after. You may be eligible to apply for a partner visa to enable you to stay, consult a migration agent. If you do nothing, then the you will have to leave. The baby will be both Australian and British and you will require a passport for any travel.

However, if the baby is born here then you cannot remove the baby to the UK unless you have your boyfriend's permission.

The birth may be covered under the reciprocal agreement.

I will have to leave as soon as the baby is born? BF says my decision is the only one that matters in regards to parenting and wouldn't say anything to me taking the baby back to the UK . My visa end next August 2017 we have been here less than a month and baby is around 26 weeks according to the scan at the clinic baby is probably due in NOV I thought i would have at least 7 months to sort this out.

This whole thing is happening way too quickly for me to deal with. I couldn't even get a Ultra scan this week

I will need time to get a passport for the baby and the first few weeks i will be busy with getting to grips with motherhood and so surely they can't make me leave without a newborn baby.We didn't plan on this we never wanted a baby hence the abortion clinic but if there is a baby we have have to take responsibility and raise the child

Plus i can't leave the baby with the BF he is more useless than me in regards to looking after a child.

If i go home to have the baby i have no job, no home and little savings and Little support from the father of the child

This is such a mess

I will have to leave as soon as the baby is born? BF says my decision is the only one that matters in regards to parenting and wouldn't say anything to me taking the baby back to the UK . My visa end next August 2017 we have been here less than a month and baby is around 26 weeks according to the scan at the clinic baby is probably due in NOV I thought i would have at least 7 months to sort this out.

This whole thing is happening way too quickly for me to deal with. I couldn't even get a Ultra scan this week

I will need time to get a passport for the baby and the first few weeks i will be busy with getting to grips with motherhood and so surely they can't make me leave without a newborn baby.We didn't plan on this we never wanted a baby hence the abortion clinic but if there is a baby we have have to take responsibility and raise the child

Plus i can't leave the baby with the BF he is more useless than me in regards to looking after a child.

If i go home to have the baby i have no job, no home and little savings and Little support from the father of the child

This is such a mess

Once the baby is born and you have a passport for him/her, you will have to leave (if you take no action with regards to another visa) as the WHV stipulates no dependents.

However, as already said, there are other avenues for you to investigate. You may be eligible for a partner visa which would enable you to stay, that is why it is very important for you to consult a registered migration agent now to formulate your plan.

In fourteen weeks time you will be having a baby, so time for both you and your boyfriend to start planning now. A migration agent can give you advice, even if it just one consultation, and help take some of the panic away.

Edited by Sammy1

You're right, it is a mess - talk to an agent tomorrow about your possible pathway or leave now and have your baby back in UK and hope for some support from family/friends. Could your partner get a visa to go back to UK with you or has he had his once in a lifetime visa? Unfortunately, your WHV does not allow for dependents and they would actually expect you to leave before the birth because as soon as the baby is born you will be visa-less. Remember that you are dealing with a bureaucracy not people with empathy!

If that is the case then maybe you two should concentrate on getting back to the UK and having the baby there. I realise there are problems with that but they don't sound worse than your predicament here. Alternatively - have you considered having the baby adopted?

Anyway, you need to talk to a local maternity hospital in case you do have the baby here - 14 weeks is not long to go. Ask to speak to a Social Worker there...you need a qualified person to talk through all the issues with you.

Others have given good advice. You've 14 or so weeks left to plan and get a few things organised, so plenty of time. I know the situation is far from ideal and realise you are working a lot but you need to give priority to the baby occasionally and attend ante natal clinics and whatever else you need. You also need to prepare and educate yourself for the birth and things that follow after. Rushing around and not giving time to this is IMHO not great and your mental health and wellbeing should be a priority also in all of this.

Please sort out a midwife or health care professional you can visit for checks for you and baby for the remainder of your pregnancy. You can probably do this via a GP. Its important, don't put it off. Ask for time off work if need be.

Next, your visa situation. As has been said, your WHV will cease once you have the baby. So consult a reputable migration agent (any of the ones on here would be a good start) for a free consult and if need be, pay them and use their services to lodge a partner visa application (before the baby is born) if you are able to. I am not sure what the small prints says on partner visas and pregnancy and think running your case past an agent would be very wise to do. Not doing so leaves you open to a lot of potential problems once the baby is born as as you have said, it takes time to register a birth, apply and get a passport for a baby and so on. Not things you really want to be stressing about if your WHV is invalid and you are recovering after the birth. You want to know you have another visa application lodged and that you are on a bridging visa that allows you to remain in Aus till the visa decision is made.

You may also want to look into what would happen if you were to decide to marry before the baby is born. If this changes or helps the partner visa application, if so how and so on.

Whatever you do, please don't leave yourself open to not having a legal leg to stand on. Becoming a parent is life changing and is tough enough in those early months without all the legal and visa worries you might have if you don't act now while you have the chance.

I think rushing back to the UK after the baby is born and being there on your own will not help anything for the reasons you have given. I think if you and your partner are able and committed to each other, you need to sit tight and give yourselves a bit of time once baby is here. Be parents, get used to the changes that will inevitably happen once a baby is born and find your way here to start. Get a visa application lodged to enable you to remain in Aus and for you to be a family together.

You say you want to raise your baby in the UK and both you and your partner want this but its going to be a while till you are able to both make the move and your partner can legally live and work in the UK again I would think. This is down to the UK partner visa laws and requirements. Unless of course your partner is eligible for a UK passport. Otherwise, its a fair few hoops you will need to jump through and right now, I think priority is on your baby and you as a couple, not where you want to live in the long term. The goalposts have moved a long way for you and you need to prioritise differently now.

Your baby, if born in Aus will be an Aus citizen automatically at birth as the father is Australian. So an Aus passport can be applied for. You as the UK parent can also apply for the baby to have a UK passport when the time comes. The baby will aquire UK citizenship by descent via you.

Edited by Guest
eta

Guest Unregistered
I will probably unleash the gates of hell here, but as both of you seem completely unprepared for this, neither of you want it, have you considered adopting the child out? There are plenty of couples who would jump at the chance?

Adoption is a option I mean we were at the Abortion Clinic when we found out how far along we were.So i can't talk.

I never saw myself with a child was always told it would be very very difficult for me to have children with my PCOS.

So i let go of being a mother over 10 years ago and prepared myself for a childless life.

Yeah I called my boss and asked if i could just do 5-11 shift now i have the days free.I still need money.

Is my BF able to claim Welfare we literally are both having the worst time in our lives and honestly do not want to have a baby like this.

But thank you all for your replies I will add Immigration to My list of Things i need to worry about

Welcome to Parenthood

Immigration,Antinatal Care, Adoption,Housing,Mental health,Money,work.

I will nap instead because it is just too much for me to deal with.

Adoption is a option I mean we were at the Abortion Clinic when we found out how far along we were.So i can't talk.

I never saw myself with a child was always told it would be very very difficult for me to have children with my PCOS.

So i let go of being a mother over 10 years ago and prepared myself for a childless life.

Yeah I called my boss and asked if i could just do 5-11 shift now i have the days free.I still need money.

Is my BF able to claim Welfare we literally are both having the worst time in our lives and honestly do not want to have a baby like this.

But thank you all for your replies I will add Immigration to My list of Things i need to worry about

Welcome to Parenthood

Immigration,Antinatal Care, Adoption,Housing,Mental health,Money,work.

I will nap instead because it is just too much for me to deal with.

I think your boyfriend needs to start taking some responsibility, it sounds like all the worry is being left to you. Might be an idea to tell his parents as you are living with them? At 26 weeks you cannot hide the pregnancy for much longer - they may be able to offer some support?

You need to contact a migration agent, and now, if you are planning on staying after the birth.

As for welfare, your boyfriend is working and so are you, so what kind of welfare do you mean?

Take it step by step. Medical care should be a priority for both your health and that of the baby. Next, is securing a partner visa, if you do not go back to the UK before the birth.

Edited by Sammy1

You poor thing, it sounds like everything is just piling up for you at the moment, and I'm not surprised it all feels overwhelming. Have a nap - your body is telling you that is what it needs at the moment and you are probably not getting a good nights sleep at the moment for worrying about everything - then when you wake up make a list.

First on the list as others have said is to speak to a migration agent - many give a first assessment free of charge and that should be enough to at least clarify your options, and determine if you will be able to qualify for some sort of bridging visa between when your WHV necessarily ends, and another visa might be granted so that you don't have to leave the country straight away.

Once you've done that, then you can start working through the other things on the list - telling your partners parents, getting registered with a midwife or GP for the birth etc.

Try to break everything down into bite-sized pieces so that it doesn't seem so monumental a task that it's too daunting even to start. Don't forget your hormones are probably up a creek without a paddle at the moment, so just keep taking deep breaths and lean on your partner, his parents, friends and us strangers on the forum for as much support as they can give. Whatever happens, it's not the end of the world, it's just a new challenge, and you sound like a resourceful person to have managed the travel you've done, as well as move halfway round the world with your partner, and find jobs and everything.

Deep breaths, one thing at a time, you'll get through this. :hug:

Guest Unregistered
I think your boyfriend needs to start taking some responsibility, it sounds like all the worry is being left to you. Might be an idea to tell his parents as you are living with them? At 26 weeks you cannot hide the pregnancy for much longer - they may be able to offer some support?

You need to contact a migration agent, and now, if you are planning on staying after the birth.

As for welfare, your boyfriend is working and so are you, so what kind of welfare do you mean?

Take it step by step. Medical care should be a priority for both your health and that of the baby. Next, is securing a partner visa, if you do not go back to the UK before the birth.

I don't know what i meant by Welfare in the UK I have never use the welfare system in the UK and neither has my BF.

But in the UK you get universal child credit its about $100 a week and it is for every one regardless of income and there will be benefits you can claim for example you get a maternity grant if you need it,there are tax credits and working credits to help young families.

Like i said we have 10k in savings

If i have to Pay for another visa that could eat into our savings partner visas cost $7K we could save a few extra K maybe a extra 5k tax credits or paternity pay for the BF would be helpful before baby comes but I also have to prepare for other stuff like the pregnancy and The actual Labour .THIS BABY IS GOING TO RIP ME APART! probably literally! I have to mentally prepare for that.And its going to happen its too late to do anything now.

My boyfriend is a Rock he gets up at 5 AM EVERYDAY and doesn't get home till 6 while working he is the one who arranges all the Appointments regarding hospital Antinatal care .House hunting he goes to every house viewing because I'm too tired too He comes home and makes sure I'm ok.He feels bad for not being with me every moment of the day. And his interest history consist of pages of pregnancy and ways to help your partner. trying to arrange consulations with professionals.I a worried after i tell him about this immigration issue he is going to break.

I don't know what i meant by Welfare in the UK I have never use the welfare system in the UK and neither has my BF.

But in the UK you get universal child credit its about $100 a week and it is for every one regardless of income and there will be benefits you can claim for example you get a maternity grant if you need it,there are tax credits and working credits to help young families.

Like i said we have 10k in savings

If i have to Pay for another visa that could eat into our savings partner visas cost $7K we could save a few extra K maybe a extra 5k tax credits or paternity pay for the BF would be helpful before baby comes but I also have to prepare for other stuff like the pregnancy and The actual Labour .THIS BABY IS GOING TO RIP ME APART! probably literally! I have to mentally prepare for that.And its going to happen its too late to do anything now.

My boyfriend is a Rock he gets up at 5 AM EVERYDAY and doesn't get home till 6 while working he is the one who arranges all the Appointments regarding hospital Antinatal care .House hunting he goes to every house viewing because I'm too tired too He comes home and makes sure I'm ok.He feels bad for not being with me every moment of the day. And his interest history consist of pages of pregnancy and ways to help your partner. trying to arrange consulations with professionals.I a worried after i tell him about this immigration issue he is going to break.

If you want to stay in the country after the birth, then you have absolutely no choice but to eat into your savings to secure a different visa. The only other choice is to go home.

Once the baby is born your boyfriend may be entitled to claim family assistance payment, this amount is means tested on income.

Edited by Sammy1

You are going to have to make a decision about stay or go very quickly because airlines won't allow you to fly beyond a certain date so that, rather than house hunting, I would think should be a priority. You haven't said if your BF would be able to live in UK because that could be the very unpleasant icing on the cake - if he can't get a visa then you are even more hamstrung because spouse visa applications require you to have a good income.

As Diane has said, bite sized chunks but be prepared to make a decision in the immediate future - agent first!

He feels bad for not being with me every moment of the day. And his interest history consist of pages of pregnancy and ways to help your partner. trying to arrange consulations with professionals.I a worried after i tell him about this immigration issue he is going to break.

You've got no choice. If you don't get this visa sorted out, as Sammy says, you'll have to leave Australia. AND you'll have to do it on your own, because your boyfriend has no right to live in the UK. The most he'll get is a six month tourist visa, there is NO permanent visa he can get for the UK even if you get married. So forget that idea.

It sounds as though you need to bite the bullet and tell his parents too. They may be more supportive than you think. If they've allowed you to sleep together then they must know a pregnancy was always a possibility after all!

I also have to prepare for other stuff like the pregnancy and The actual Labour .THIS BABY IS GOING TO RIP ME APART! probably literally! I have to mentally prepare for that.And its going to happen its too late to do anything now.

If it helps (and I'm not sure if anything will at the moment), I think just about every woman who has ever been pregnant has the same fear! I certainly did.

At the end of your pregnancy though, you start to come round to the idea of "better out than in"!

Finance-wise for the visa, if necessary could you (or your OH) get a loan from either the bank or his parents? Your OH sounds like a hard worker (you both do) so if it means the difference between being able to stay together or not, it may be worth considering.

For the sake of your mental health I would recommend contacting Headspace, they offer free online and phone counseling as well. Only for young people up till 25, including 25 years old. If you want to see them in person you would need a referral from a GP. https://www.eheadspace.org.au

Like others have said speak with your partner's parents and contact an agent to guide you with your visa options. Communication is the key here...Be kind to yourself and the baby.

Best wishes

I can't really offer any assistance but I just want to say I really feel for you in what must seem like an overwhelming situation. Your boyfriend sounds like a great guy who is looking out for you. That must be a great relief.

List out everything you need to do in bite-size chunks and slowly work through each item. You can do this! And get your partner's parents involved. They are going to find out at some stage anyway, and you'll probably find they are a voice of reason when you and your boyfriend are stressed to the max.

Re benefits in the uk. The only thing you get as a starting point is child benefit. If you earn over £56k a year you do not get it otherwise you do. For the first child it is £84 every four weeks. So just £21 per week. The universal credits is something that is replacing the tax credit system. It is based on earnings. Again, many do not receive anything. For a single parent the threshold is about £26k per year income. Over that nothing, under it something depending on income. If for example you earnt £5k a year you would get the higher level which is approx £400 per month. If you earnt say £24k a year you would only get about £50 per month. For a couple the threshold is slightly higher but not much. As for housing etc you would go in s list, subject to you bring habitually resident which you're not by the sounds of things. As for the labour worries, that baby will come out of you just as it does for every women and has since the beginning of time. That right now is the one thing you don't need to worry about. Please do as everyone has suggested and get advice re visa options.

Edited by Tulip1

Visa-wise you need an agent ASAP.

Your WHV becomes invalid as soon as you have a dependent in the country (ie at the birth)

If you apply for a Partner visa now then you woud go onto a Bridging Visa A when your WHV EXPIRED. But it won't expire, it will be CANCELLED. Which then makes you as unlawful as if you had not been on the Bridging Visa in the first place.

If you become unlawful you are at risk of deportation. Yur child, being Australian, would not be at the same risk. See the issue?

There is a centre n Sydney called IARC http://www.iarc.asn.au/ which can give free advice if you are hard-up, and they do know what they are about, and consult with good agents. Try them. Please. Don't risk you being in the UK while your partner and child are here and you are banned from visiting them.

Edited by Nemesis

Visa-wise you need an agent ASAP.

Your WHV becomes invalid as soon as you have a dependent in the country (ie at the birth)

If you apply for a Partner visa now then you woud go onto a Bridging Visa A when your WHV EXPIRED. But it won't expire, it will be CANCELLED. Which then makes you as unlawful as if you had not been on the Bridging Visa in the first place.

If you become unlawful you are at risk of deportation. Yur child, being Australian, would not be at the same risk. See the issue?

There is a centre n Sydney called IARC http://www.iarc.asn.au/ which can give free advice if you are hard-up, and they do know what they are about, and consult with good agents. Try them. Please. Don't risk you being in the UK while your partner and child are here and you are banned from visiting them.

As far as I am aware children born to temp visa holders are not automatically Australian citizens. I stand to be corrected but this is as I believe it.