2nd year visa help

Guest Unregistered

Guest Unregistered

Hi guys and gals, just a small query, I'm currently in Oz and have applied for and been granted my second year visa however plans have changed and I now need to go home before the second year activates. Does this mean I will lose my second year or can I salary using it until I plan to come back over?

Hi guys and gals, just a small query, I'm currently in Oz and have applied for and been granted my second year visa however plans have changed and I now need to go home before the second year activates. Does this mean I will lose my second year or can I salary using it until I plan to come back over?

When you apply for a second WHV onshore, I think it effectively turns the original WHV into a 24 month continuous one. So if you do nothing, I believe it will just carry on running and will expire 24 months from the day you originally entered Australia. It works differently if you apply offshore.

Personally, I think you should go into an immigration office and see if they can cancel the second WHV grant for now then plan to reapply when you want to use it. I do not know if you will be successful or not, but worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...