Best spots to visit on the East Coast on a budget.

adventuretraveller

I have just travelled the east coast of Australia and want to share

my experience for the best way to travel the east coast on a budget. I started my journey in Sydney and definetly must say a boat cruise is a great way to

see the sydney harbour, opera house and sydney harbour bridge in one hit. I did a party

cruise tour which was cheap but also loads of fun!

Byron Bay is another definate must see on your way north with great surf and generally a nice place to

chill out by the beach. I also took

the Nimbin bus tour which was loads of fun, cheap and definately an interesting experience

haha.

Noosa is another cool spot to hang out by the beach and the dolphin kayak tour is cheap and pretty cool.

After Noosa I headed up to rainbow

beach for the night and headed to fraser island and did the Cool Dingo tour. Although it mighy seem a little

pricey all your food and accommodation is included and you can finish up north in Hervey Bay. Fraser island is definately worth every cent!

1770 was the next spot I hit up which was

a cool little surfie town and nice people.

The next spot I stopped in was the Whitsundays and did

a 3 day Sailing tour around the islands and stopped at Whitehaven Beach. The lookout was

amazing, the sailing was relaxing and the partying was

loads of fun!

Magnetic island was the next stop north which departs from Townsville and we were

lucky enough to be there for the full moon party! That was

epic!!!! The backpackers there is the best backpackers I have ever stayed at. Awesome

dorm cabins and set right on the beach for such a cheap price! The last stop

was Cairns and I did a day trip to the Great Barrier Reef which included

a scuba dive. That was the most unreal part of the tour, breathing underwater and all

the amazing fish life and turtles just blew me away! Must do!!!!!!

I booked all of my stuff in a package and it worked out heaps cheaper. But no matter who you book your stuff through these are definately the spots you have to see 

Edited by snifter
removed company name

We found one or 2 campsites on the east coast that were really cheap - $15 or 20 a night. I think it was rainbow beach and hervey bay.

Sounds like you had a brilliant trip. I liked nimbin and Fraser island. I didn't like 1770 at all. My favourite place was whitsundays, so glad I got to Whitehaven beach.

Did you book your package through something like ultimate oz or one of the other travel companies?