Customer Service / Call Centre Jobs

matttaylor92

Hi there

I am new to this forum but would just like to say hi. I am thinking of doing a WHV later this year. Currently, I work in an office with a good job that is very well paid. So I would be giving up a lot to do my WHV but it's an opportunity I cannot pass up on.

My question is, how likely am I to secure an office type customer service / call centre role? Are companies in the bigger cities willing to take on WHV candidates?

Thanks in advance

I am thinking of doing a WHV later this year. Currently, I work in an office with a good job that is very well paid. So I would be giving up a lot to do my WHV but it's an opportunity I cannot pass up on.

My question is, how likely am I to secure an office type customer service / call centre role? Are companies in the bigger cities willing to take on WHV candidates?

Yes, definitely. If you've got good experience you will definitely find jobs. Bear in mind that you can't work with the same employer for more than six months, so you'll have to work through temp agencies.

The big obstacle is convincing the temp agencies that you're not the stereotypical "unwashed backpacker" who spends most of his evenings boozing, and is liable to take off in a campervan at any moment (most of the WHV'ers of my acquaintance are nothing like that, but agencies are prejudiced!).

So, make sure you have a professional-looking resume, sign up with several agencies and try if you can to actually meet the consultant so he/she can see how smartly dressed you are.