Flights and a visit to Thailand or other destinations in Southeast Asia

chris92

Hi I am planning on heading out to OZ in may this year and was just after some advice on the best airlines to fly with/ recommendations also where to book through.

I am thinking about stopping in Thailand on route and was after some ideas of places people have been to and loved, also any sights worth seeing or places that are a must do in Thailand or Southeast Asia.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

Hi mate im doing the exact same myself in august, weve booked outlr flight to phuket with eurowings which was £375 including baggage, meals and seat allocation! Were planning on going round all the islands, then onto bangkok, then to vietnam followed by bali, then finally areive in cairns end of the month an begin our 12 month WHV

I went to Phuket for 10 days in March 2014 i flew with Singapore Airline they were brilliant i would defiantly fly with them again you pay a little extra compared to other airlines but the service was great. I flew from London Heathrow to Singapore and then onto Phuket. If your flying from the UK i believe the only airline that fly's direct to Phuket is Thomson.

The Phi Phi islands were great well worth a trip.

Hey Starlight yes that looks great!!! getting so many places to visit now! I am only planning on a month but theres so many great looking places out there. Thanks for the link to the website that pretty handy for having a look at places

I think a lot depends on what the traveller is looking for Being retired we like Koh Samui because it can be lively or laid back which ever you choose I love it's aiport the thatched huts are so different Allthough a friend was delayed there for 4 hours recently because of torrential rain and missed Her Bangcock flight to the UK Moral of the story is be in Bangcock the day you travel out Justin Case

Hi Dannysavagelfc .. Nope I hadn't but shall have a look :D

Patphillips47- thanks for the advice! shall defiantly make sure I am back with time to spare!.. Koh Samui does look great..

Jockintas - Yes I am thinking the Phi Phi island seem like a place that need visiting! and do want to go North too!

Verystormy- Hau Hin is not a place I had heard of before so shall have to have a look, interesting to know that a place where the Thai people go on holiday must be pretty good there!

Flag of convenience- Maybe something I will have to look at! I has thought about Laos but I didn't know the tubing had been stopped.. But it does look like a very nice place!

Edited by chris92

• 5 weeks later...