Travelling to OZ April/May

cangliss

Hey guys,

My names Connor, I'm 21 and from England.

I'm looking to come to Australia in April/May on a WHV, planning to fly to sydney and work my way up the east cost, I have my visa but haven't booked flights just yet.

Is there anyone with similar plans or going to Australia around the same time? It would be nice to get to know some people before going as I'm travelling solo!

Hey guys,

My names Connor, I'm 21 and from England.

I'm looking to come to Australia in April/May on a WHV, planning to fly to sydney and work my way up the east cost, I have my visa but haven't booked flights just yet.

Is there anyone with similar plans or going to Australia around the same time? It would be nice to get to know some people before going as I'm travelling solo!

My sister has been in Melbourne since oct and has made many friends, also on a whv, she also travelled alone. You will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

I've booked my flights now, I'm arriving at Brisbane on 25th April planning to stay in the Gold Coast for a bit just need to book a hostel now. After that I'd like to go Sunshine Coast but I'll stay for longer wherever I can find some work!

i booked my flights with British airways/qantas was a little more expensive than the rest but comes with a free meal and drinks throughout the flight

i still ill have a lot more to plan but I'll probably end up in cairns towards the end of my trip.

are you planning to travel up the east coast?

Nice!, its going to come around quick... Yea I hadn't thought about the things like drinks on the flight which could make it a lot more bearable. Nice yea the Gold Coast does look good. Yep is very work dependent on location, I do want to end up in Cairns at some point and need to make more of a plan as I don't have much set at the moment but would also like to see some of the Suburbs and would like to visit Broome and Tasmania if I have time.

Are you stopping anywhere on the way to Australia? Got any activities booked/planned already for while you are there?

Yeah I'm planning to go up in to Cairns at some point and just back to Brisbane for my flight home in September.

I'm going straight to oz flight, has a changeover in Singapore but only 4 hours so I wont be leaving the airport!

I wont be making much of a plan as it all depends on who I meet there and I'll just wing it I guess haha, I've not booked any activities yet, I'll probably wait to book them once I'm there.