Current backpacker couple already in AUS ready to travel and news work ASAP

Sergeant109

Hi guys, first time poster so bare with me

Me and my girlfriend have been in Australia for 2 months now and have stayed with her parents in mornington, VIC. It's a great place however we are now looking to go off on our own and see a lot more of this beautiful country ?

We have enough funds to sustain us for about 1 month MAYBE 2 months so we really could do to find some work ASAP.

Can anyone recommend which would be the best region to travel to to find work and also the best way to find work ?

Also so any fellow travellers out there able to help with the best places to stay etc ? we are novices and just need that little helping hand to get us on our way haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Have either of you got trades?

Me and my partner arrived in Melbourne from the uk end of Sep and we knew we needed work asap... Im a hairdresser so I just walked around the city handing my cv's into any salon I walked past, I got a phone call the same day and a trial and job offer the next day.

My partner got on with getting his white card and put an add on gumtree as soon as he had his white card and his phone was ringing off the hook for a couple of weeks with job offers, some only temporary or a few days work but he managed to find a full time permanent job labouring within a couple of weeks.

I think as long as your not too picky in the work you want and look into getting things like your white card (construction) or rsa (bar work or some waitressing) to give more options you'll be fine.

We've only done Melbourne so far though so don't know what its like in other areas!

Good luck!