Couples that are on a WHV or already had the experience and now back home in the UK

lknights1987

Me and my girlfriend are looking to travel to Australia November 2016 or January 2017 on a working holiday visa and are looking for some advice.

How did you find the experience compared to being in the UK? Did you get to spend a good amount of time together after finding work?

How much money did you both save before travelling out to oz and was it enough?

Me and my girlfriend are looking to travel to Australia November 2016 or January 2017 on a working holiday visa and are looking for some advice.

How did you find the experience compared to being in the UK? Did you get to spend a good amount of time together after finding work?

How much money did you both save before travelling out to oz and was it enough?

I'd personally say both take as much as you can. If possible, the suggested amount the gov website says or more. 2 people means more costs, even if they are shared and its not good to assume you can always live cheaply or that you'll both find work easily everywhere you go.

Also if you plan to travel around Aus together, casual work and regional work you should hopefully find work together at the same place or close by. Or if its casual in a city somewhere be prepared for working different hours and so on as you might in the UK.

I'd always suggest doing the regional work early on if you can if you want to do your second year. Don't wait til the last minute and try to scrape in with it.