Another funds thread. :)

AVI4

Hi guys, my first post here, I'm flying out on the 3rd of December to Perth then staying in Dunsborough. I've got my ticket, visa and about 2000 AUD in cash, when I get to immigration will it matter that i only have 2000 in the bank and the rest on a credit card Or does all the the recommended 5000 AUD have to be in your account?

Might be a daft question but i'ts getting close now and little things are playing on my mind.

Cheers guys.

I'm flying alone but then I'm doing one of those group package with some girls from Manchester. I haven't got insurance yet, I tried to sort it out last night but I need to give them some more information about something. So it'll probably be done by the weekend. Other than that im mostly sorted. It's just things like a few more clothes and packing etc

• 3 weeks later...
Really? It doesn't say you need to have a return ticket. It just says the funds for one which can be money or credit card. I don't have a return ticket, barely anybody I know has one because they plan on doing a 2nd year or going to Thailand or New Zealand

OK. A return ticket OR the funds for one.

Most people have a Flexi Ticket. Which is basically a return open ended ticket. Which allows you to extend and change your route. So not a return ticket as such - more a forwarding ticket

Many countries (I know the USA is one) get very narky about people arriving on a one way ticket.