Planning to go to oz in early January 2016

AGJ

January is the height of summer. I'd be prepared for it to be hot going arriving then.

I'd consider lots of the casual work may be filled by teens on summer break. Look at the seasonal work like fruit picking around the different states and seeing if you can plan to pick up visiting those areas at the right time to possibly pick up work. Also keep in mind if you do the 3 months regional work you can gain your second year whv.

Not missing out on Summer, but I mean if I'm working I wouldn't get to make as much of the day as I want to. I don't need to work straight away, I have enough money to support myself for a while was just wondering is people think it would be better for me to enjoy the summer months to their fullest before working some.

I'd be looking into IT work as that's my profession, does anyone know if there is much IT work available for backpackers??

just wondering is people think it would be better for me to enjoy the summer months to their fullest before working some.

If you have enough funds to support yourself.....then yes it would be fabulous to enjoy the summer months bumming it in Sydney before the cooler weather arrives.

Nothing worse than being stuck in an office 9 - 5 when the skies are blue, the sun is shining and the surf is beckoning.

But of course great to be inside working during the cooler months.

Lucky you if you have this option.

What is your ICT skillset? On the whole there isn't a shortage of ICT skills here and even people with permanent visas can struggle. If it's very obscure/hard to source though you could be OK and no harm in trying. Very few people will be recruiting until Australia day.... I'd enjoy your January in the surf and then start looking when it gets a bit cooler - I am in Brisbane so climate is different, but I gradually came to terms with working 8-5 in an office during the summer, when I realised that there is no shortage of sunny glorious days here...cooler down south of course!

BTW be sure to book up your accommodation in time - loads of people on holiday then