Jan 2016 east coast

Clarkr14

Hi everyone!

Im due to go to Australia for 2 months in the middle of jan 2016, starting in Sydney and working my way up to cairns. I'm going on my own so just looking to see if anybody else is going around the same time?!

Rach x

Hi Rach,

Welcome to the forum!

FINALLY, someone else who is going in January haha :-). I'm booking my flight on Monday and I'm currently looking at the 19th. If not then definitely in that week at some point.

I'm starting in Sydney too! I'm booking my first two or so weeks accomodation and just seeing what I want to do from there!

What are your plans?

Kay x

Hi Kay!

Oh oh that's good then we should definitely meet up or something :) I'm planning to go around the 11th and stay in Sydney for around 5/6 days so I'll probably just miss you. I'm going to get a hop on hop off bus pass from Sydney to cairns stopping at various places along the way. I havnt planned it too much as like you say, I want to see where the trip takes me. Which airline are you booking your flight with and around how much is it if you don't mind me asking? I'm struggling to know which airline to go with! Also, how long are you going for?

Rach x

Hi Kay!

Oh oh that's good then we should definitely meet up or something :) I'm planning to go around the 11th and stay in Sydney for around 5/6 days so I'll probably just miss you. I'm going to get a hop on hop off bus pass from Sydney to cairns stopping at various places along the way. I havnt planned it too much as like you say, I want to see where the trip takes me. Which airline are you booking your flight with and around how much is it if you don't mind me asking? I'm struggling to know which airline to go with! Also, how long are you going for?

Rach x

Yeah that's a plan :) we definitley should if we end up in the same place at the same time! We'll have to keep in contact.

Ahh that sounds amazing, you'll have such a good time. I'm going for a year on a WHV so I have a bit more time :-) lol

I'm booking with Singapore and it's costing me £630... I could've got it cheaper with other airlines but i knew I wanted to fly with them and book direct so I could pick my seat as soon as I book! I'm booking it tomorrow actuallly :D:D:D so excited. It's my first long haul flight so I'm being a bit picky, maybe if i'd flown long haul before I wouldn't mind so much. x

Yeah that's a plan :) we definitley should if we end up in the same place at the same time! We'll have to keep in contact.

Ahh that sounds amazing, you'll have such a good time. I'm going for a year on a WHV so I have a bit more time :-) lol

I'm booking with Singapore and it's costing me £630... I could've got it cheaper with other airlines but i knew I wanted to fly with them and book direct so I could pick my seat as soon as I book! I'm booking it tomorrow actuallly :D:D:D so excited. It's my first long haul flight so I'm being a bit picky, maybe if i'd flown long haul before I wouldn't mind so much. x

Oh are you. I would go for longer but I have to get back to complete two years nursing experience before hopefully going back to oz to work as a nurse. Using this trip to get a bit of a taster really! That's a really good price, where are you flying from? and are you booking the flight online? Im really excited too! So much to think about and sort though isn't there. x

Thats a good idea to do a taster :) I'm sure you'll love it.

Ahh i forgot to mention, mine is one way haha. there's no point in booking a return by the time I have to pay for a date change and so on. I'm flying from Heathrow. Yeah I'm booking via Singapores website. I prefer to do things direct with the company incase of any issues.

Yes SO much lol. I've got a big to-do list, will abe worth it though. Are you just going on a tourist visa then? x