WHV First stop Perth July 2015..........

Ilikepens

Hi everyone!

pretty excited to be finally getting to Aus! My boyfriend and I are going to be staying with friends in Perth for a couple weeks before heading down to Margaret River to hopefully find some work (2nd year visa eligible)

just thought i would would start a post to see if anyone is planning on doing something similar ? or anyone that is currently there with any advice, info, places to go, work/help needed, up for meeting up? Whatever!theres only so much online research you can do.... It's starting to hurt my brain!!WA all looks so amazing!

We have had a little look for jobs online and seen a couple things but we're planning on dropping Cv's into places on arrival (out of the city) Both pretty keen to work and have fun at the same time, see how it goes ?

lauren

✌?️

Hi everyone!

pretty excited to be finally getting to Aus! My boyfriend and I are going to be staying with friends in Perth for a couple weeks before heading down to Margaret River to hopefully find some work (2nd year visa eligible)

just thought i would would start a post to see if anyone is planning on doing something similar ? or anyone that is currently there with any advice, info, places to go, work/help needed, up for meeting up? Whatever!theres only so much online research you can do.... It's starting to hurt my brain!!WA all looks so amazing!

We have had a little look for jobs online and seen a couple things but we're planning on dropping Cv's into places on arrival (out of the city) Both pretty keen to work and have fun at the same time, see how it goes 

lauren

✌️

Once you're down in Margaret River have a look on the noticeboards in the shopping centres and try the local pubs. When I've been down there I've noticed lots of local jobs being advertised like that. The bar workers might be able to put you on to something too. Good luck, it will be a bit chilly that time of year. Spectacular surf mind you.:cool:

Once you're down in Margaret River have a look on the noticeboards in the shopping centres and try the local pubs. When I've been down there I've noticed lots of local jobs being advertised like that. The bar workers might be able to put you on to something too. Good luck, it will be a bit chilly that time of year. Spectacular surf mind you.:cool:

Yeah thats at what we thought would be best, actually get out there an actively look. Not too worried about the weather though.....used to it it living in England!!!

Thanks for your advice!

with regards gumtree have put an ad up but can then never find it! I'm not sure if it's because you have to a register with an Aus phone number which I don't have yet ...... No worries though can sort that when we get there. Cattle farm sounds awesome, that would be right up my boyfriends street, he has been brought up on a farm....pretty handy!

Thanks ?

• 2 weeks later...