Anyone else arriving in September/October?

richard88uk

Hi everyone.

I will be arriving in Australia around September/October after backpacking Thailand and Bali for a couple of months.

Just wondering if anyone arriving at same time and where abouts you going?

Im planning on flying into Melbourne first but could always change

Cheers

Rich

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am also planning to go on a WHV end of September/beginning of October and am thinking of starting in Sydney but not 100% sure yet. I plan to only be there around 2 months so I'm back home for Christmas but I'm only buying a 1 way ticket incase either I run out of money and can't afford to live for 2 months out there or I'm doing well and enjoying it so much I want to stay longer. I really want to try and organise work before I go as I'm likely to only take around $3000 (not including flight home) how long do you reckon your be there for?

Hiya.

I originally planned to start in Sydney but changed my mind and decided to start in Melbourne for 2-3 months then head towards Sydney then north up the east coast.

I bet you dont come back for Xmas! lol... Especially as it will be summer in Oz.

From what i have seen it is quite difficult to sort a job before you get there but once you arrive its quite easy aslong as you're not too bothered what you do. Im planning on staying for the full 2 years and maybe longer if i can, if not maybe move on to NZ and do 2 years on WHV.

Are you stopping anywhere on way to Oz?

Rich

Hi Rich,

it always interests me for the people who plan on staying for years how much they are starting off with money wise if you don't mind me asking? So what do you reckon you will do when you get to Brisbane, start looking for work in bars or restaurants, or farms? And uh hopefully I am able to stay over for Xmas, I do have some family ive never really met over there so would be great to spend it with them. I was always planning on staying in Singapore for one night at the marina bay sands hotel, but I'm thinking why spend that amount of money when that could give me another week or 2 in oz, so as long as I can save a bit of money out there, I will do it on the way back

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I'm arriving in Brisbane last week of August & I'm thinking of travelling & working anti-clockwise (leaving the best for last Sydney & Gold Coast) this is just a sketch, my plans are likely to change as soon as I land

Hiya, that doesnt sound like a bad plan to me!

I plan to do Melbourne, Sydney then slowly head north towards Brisbane and stay there for a while. Quite like the look of heading north to Darwin aswell

Starting in Melbourne was my plan at first, but I just thought Brisbane would be a nice area to work and there's not too much competitions when it comes to finding farm as compared to the Sydney area. I'm hoping to work and save so that I don't come back poor.. Initially I'm gonna take £4k with me plus a £5K credit card for emergency

Starting in Melbourne was my plan at first, but I just thought Brisbane would be a nice area to work and there's not too much competitions when it comes to finding farm as compared to the Sydney area. I'm hoping to work and save so that I don't come back poor.. Initially I'm gonna take £4k with me plus a £5K credit card for emergency

Yeah i did think about going straight to Brisbane and staying there but thought the timing of when i get there would be the best time to do Melbourne as Sydney as it will be approaching summer then end up in Brisbane for when it cools down a bit, basically just following the warmth haha..

Fortunately iv been saving for quite a while so will have a bit more than you, hoping to work for couple months in Melbourne pretty much as soon as i get there so i dont eat into what i have saved which would then allow me to go Sydney for a bit then work again once i get to Brisbane. Also have a credit card with a 7k limited which will only be used for emergency flight home if needed

Is this a competition? I'm sure after you finish backpacking Asia you'll have same mouth as me when you arrive in Australia;) have you thought about getting a car? I'm taking a large suitcase with me so I'm planning to get a car, I want it to be a relaxed trip as much as possible, & a car kinda adds some freedom

Is this a competition? I'm sure after you finish backpacking Asia you'll have same mouth as me when you arrive in Australia;) have you thought about getting a car? I'm taking a large suitcase with me so I'm planning to get a car, I want it to be a relaxed trip as much as possible, & a car kinda adds some freedom

Course it aint a competition, iv just had a very boring life for last 16 months and managed to save alot lol.

No i wont be getting a car, i was a naughty boy last year and currently aren't allowed to drive. You're right that a car would give alot of freedom i just unfortunately dont have that option. Buses/trains and rideshares for me

Haven't a clue lol I want to escape extreme heat in summer but it doesn't sound like I'll be able to when I've found out even tasmania gets 40oC sometimes! I'll just have to decide nearer the time

From what i've read and been told during the summer you will be best off Melbourne/Sydney (down south) as QLD, NT etc get VERY hot!

Yeah I'm completely avoiding queensland till later in the year. I know a guy from here who went to cairns in January.. That would be suicidal for me lol. He seemed to be ok though. Maybe it's just mostly in my head. I realised the other day that I haven't been on holiday for 2 years and that was in Italy at easter time so it was cold. It's been 3 years since I've went on holiday somewhere really warm. Although I worked in the Channel Islands last year and we had some really warm days there too but I think I struggled more because It involved a lot of walking up hills etc. My cousin lives in melbourne and he says it gets to 40oc but it's not for very long. I can cope with 30 and I prefer dry heat, I really hate high humidity. So does my hair :laugh: it goes Afro

We are complete opposites then lol. Maybe I'll grow to love it. I'm usually fine if I've got some shade, water and I'm not working. I seem to feel the extremes with temperatures, suddenly I can feel too cold at times. When we went to lanzarote it was quite cold some of the time lol. Then we went to Tenerife and it was sooooo humid. I ended up ill on that holiday. I imagine that must be what queensland summer is like

Hi,

I am also planning to go on a WHV end of September/beginning of October and am thinking of starting in Sydney but not 100% sure yet. I plan to only be there around 2 months so I'm back home for Christmas but I'm only buying a 1 way ticket incase either I run out of money and can't afford to live for 2 months out there or I'm doing well and enjoying it so much I want to stay longer. I really want to try and organise work before I go as I'm likely to only take around $3000 (not including flight home) how long do you reckon your be there for?

Hi,

I am also starting out in Sydney, landing on the 22nd Sept, Im pretty certain you will not want to come back for Christmas! whats better than Santa hat with a cocktail on the beach in beautiful sunshine ;)

Ive been looking at jobs recently seems so difficult to organise enquire about work without being there, how are you finding it?

Byron

Hi everyone!

im new on this site and the dates you posted Richard are when I plan on heading out from Scotland. I'm a nurse but going solely on a tourist visa.

im keen to meet up with people for sure though as traveling on my own.

same as you guys unsure of where to start! Was thinking carins and working down the east coast?