money worries

Garreth Peat

Hi all I'm coming out on the 4th of may flight Is booked and I'm all ready but there's one concern I have....... £7000 English is what I'll be having to come out with and I'm a money consious person so can anyone please tell me or reassure me that I will have enough for the year??? I Do plan on working as soon as I get over too but all advice is appreciated

You have more than enough, mate. I am heading off with £2000 cash and £2000 separate to buy a car. I'm going mid-July and I'll be in Brisbane to start off too. I'd be pretty keen to meet up with some new people. PM me if you're interested buddy. For the record, I think we are advised to take about $5000 to start off with. At the current exchange rate you're looking at taking almost 3x that.

Eeeek you make me feel nervous! I am going with around £2000 ($4000) and I've already booked 10 nights in Sydney like you I plan to get a job after we have left Sydney and my boyfriend is coming (who will also have around $4000/$5000) but I still don't think I will have enough? My parents are giving me money each month as well so I'll have that.. I guess it's supporting ourselves until we have a job? Not to mention all the things I want to do in Sydney lol!! :(

Hi all I'm coming out on the 4th of may flight Is booked and I'm all ready but there's one concern I have....... £7000 English is what I'll be having to come out with and I'm a money consious person so can anyone please tell me or reassure me that I will have enough for the year??? I Do plan on working as soon as I get over too but all advice is appreciated

I don't think anyone can say whether you can string that out to last a year. But it will last as long as it lasts, keep enough for a flight home, check your bank balance frequently and if you get short then you leave.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have read you can have less than the amount providing you can support yourself by either a job or if you do get checked you can say your parents will help you with funds or friends etc. I am going with $3000 which is £1500 and my bf will be taking the same. I wouldn't worry too much about money as jobs are easy to pick up especially farming or bar work! :)