hanaknight12

Hello all,

I've been doing a lot of research into the WHV and STA travel keep popping up.

Im very happy to sort everything out on my own however I am worried about not being able to secure work as I have financial obligations back home. STA offer various packages helping people to secure work for at least 3 months which I am inclined to take if they are worth it.

I'd like to know if anybody has used these packages from STA before and what did you think of them? Are they worth the investment?

Any feedback is appreciated and thank you for reading! :cute:

I wouldn't go with the package. As far as I know they don't guarantee a job or anything. They'll probably just sign you up with some job agencies etc. The only packages I've heard of that are supposedly good are ultimate Australia and intro oz. You get put into a group for a week but even they don't guarantee a job. They just give you a few courses and job club memberships

I wouldn't go with the package. As far as I know they don't guarantee a job or anything. They'll probably just sign you up with some job agencies etc. The only packages I've heard of that are supposedly good are ultimate Australia and intro oz. You get put into a group for a week but even they don't guarantee a job. They just give you a few courses and job club memberships

I've had a look at the intro Oz and ultimate australia ones. They seem quite good packages.

the package I am currently looking is a BUNAC placement programme where you have a 1on 1 consultation and skills review and they work with you to secure work. It's the main point of the programme. have you heard of this one or know anyone who has done this?

Hi Stacey,

I've done a it of digging and it seems like a programme where they set you up with potential employers. I'm going to see the agents at the weekend to grill them to find out what's what! Thanks for your feedback - I'll be interested to know if that is what they intend to do!

If if anyone has feedback that'd be great!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Did you go and see an agent after? I never even knew STA did the whole WHV I thought they were just travel packages... I would love to hear how it went and if you have made a decision :)

Hi,

Did you go and see an agent after? I never even knew STA did the whole WHV I thought they were just travel packages... I would love to hear how it went and if you have made a decision :)

I'm currently researching the best option - whether to DIY or use the STA 7 night pack. It's well priced & they help sort out the legal side of things.

I'm currently comparing the above & have another appointment booked on 24th so I'll update you before then once I've decided!

I cannot stress enough about researching before agreeing to anything though! A lot of them will obviously add their profit margin on & a few times I've realised its really high!! You'll probably find its cheaper DIY :)

How's your planning going?