How to track 6 months with one employer?

flynnh02

Hi there,

I am currently working for a mining company to get my second year 417 visa. Am i struggling to find out how i track how long i have worked for my employer and how i determine exactly what 6 months means?

I.e i can work for 182 days? 6 calender months working 5 days a week?

Since i have worked for this company i have had unpaid leave, does this not count as part of the six months?

I am under the impression that if didnt work one month that would not count towards the 6 months?

Can you help with this?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Normally I'd say, ask them for a Certificate of Service when you leave. In writing your email/letter, tell them you were employed from a date to b date, and again from c date to d date - there's a good chance they will just copy what you write! However if you were on a contract and therefore still technically employed while you were on unpaid leave, they're not likely to be willing to lie on the Certificate.

Are you referring to the maximum six month rule? Which is nothing to do with getting the second WHV of course. Anyway, I would assume it is six months as an employee, so count six months from when you started. If you were still an employee while on unpaid leave, then I would include it myself (but I am not an authority on that).