2nd WHV advice/help needed!

Scotty123

Hi guys,

heres my problem:

i arrived in Australia in July and immediately competed my 3 months farm work. However, I was paid cash in hand and left the farm on really bad terms. I hated the farmer and he refused to sign my forms unless I stayed another month!!!! So corrupt!!!! Anyways... I have very limited proof since I got paid cash in hand and I don't think the farmer will vouch for me since I left during the night on bad terms!

I applied for my visa 2 days ago and haven't heard anything back - I'm really worried incase I get investigated and can't provide enough evidence! What shall I do? Should I withdraw my application? Is that possible?

If I withdraw it can I complete 3 months farm work again somewhere else and re apply? My friend did WWoofing at a place near ribs and and loved it... Can you apply twice if I withdraw? HELP!

You may have a problem, as does the farmer, you did not pay tax. Cash in hand is not allowed and the farmer would certainly be very stupid to confirm to immigration that he paid you cash in hand.

One of the migration agents on here should be able to give you good solid advice as to your next step and whether you can withdraw before it goes any further.

I know I had just arrived in Australia and didn't realise. I had never worked on a farm before and the pay was great and he said all I needed was forms signed. I didn't know they investigate you - my first visa was so easy.

If I get investigated can I withdraw and apply again if I do WWoofing?

I have money saved I don't care about losing my visa application I would even do WWoofing to secure a second year visa. Is it possible to apply twice?

I know I had just arrived in Australia and didn't realise. I had never worked on a farm before and the pay was great and he said all I needed was forms signed. I didn't know they investigate you - my first visa was so easy.

If I get investigated can I withdraw and apply again if I do WWoofing?

I have money saved I don't care about losing my visa application I would even do WWoofing to secure a second year visa. Is it possible to apply twice?

I don't know, which is why I really advise you to speak to a migration agent who can help you.

Best of luck.

You may have a problem, as does the farmer, you did not pay tax. Cash in hand is not allowed and the farmer would certainly be very stupid to confirm to immigration that he paid you cash in hand.

One of the migration agents on here should be able to give you good solid advice as to your next step and whether you can withdraw before it goes any further.

I presume the problem is more with the farmer than with the OP. The OP would just say that he/she had supplied paperwork to the farmer and assumed that the farmer had dealt with the tax. So long as the OP e-mails the farmer for a leaving certificate showing the pay and taxation, then it is the farmer in deep **** if it is not provided.

I don't have any emails at all! Gah. I'm totally stressing out here. I left the farm at 3am in the night because I felt trapped there. Worst experience ever towards the end.

I do have enough time to do another 3 months. I can go do WWoofing on March 15th with my friend (he's currently there and the owner said he will take me too)

My main question is... If my visa gets investigated can I withdraw it and go do WWoofing and apply again? Or would I have to withdraw it now before I know the outcome? Can you apply twice?

I don't have any emails at all! Gah.

Well get some. Bang out an e-mail right now to the farmer asking for a leaving pay slip setting out wages and taxes. If he sends any reply that acknowledges that he knows you, you've got him. He has way more to lose right now than you - if he is unable or unwilling to give you what you want, get on to the ATS and register your concern - then they will have to look at his books. If he isn't keeping proper books, he is in real trouble.

Edited by Quinkla
grammar

I don't have an email but I can text him - he won't reply. I left before I got my final weeks pay too.

It's my own fault for leaving on bad terms I guess.

If my visa gets investigated I'll just withdraw it and go to do WWoofing until June.

I really wish I could get him in trouble!!

I don't have an email but I can text him - he won't reply. I left before I got my final weeks pay too.

It's my own fault for leaving on bad terms I guess.

If my visa gets investigated I'll just withdraw it and go to do WWoofing until June.

I really wish I could get him in trouble!!

Do you any photographs of when you were there? Any contact details of others who worked there or who lived in the locality?

Even a phone call would be useful.

Most farms have internet, even the most remote. A farm would be pretty easy to to look up on the internet for the email address and other contact details. How did you originally get the work? Lots of possibilities there.

If your visa is investigated and you do nothing about it and then apply again, you could theoretically run the risk of refusal because of the previous application.

Take advice from an agent and put your mind at rest.

Edited by Sammy1

Don't phone. There would be no admissible record and alert the farmer. Email is best - it is impersonal so no need to feel embarrassed; and instant so most likely to provoke an intemporate response that would acknowledge that you had been there. If he woes you money, then ask for that too - more likely to provoke a response that tells you to get stuffed because you left without giving notice, thereby admitting that you worked there.

Your second visa will almost certainly be denied, but they will give you the option to withdraw before that happens. And you should withdraw if offered the option because a visa refusal can cause all sorts of problems for a long time. As you were paid cash in hand, I don't think you are going to convince immigration that you did the work without the farmers sign off.

Personally, I would recommend you put this behind you and start your three months somewhere else, properly and officially. You can withdraw one application and make another.

I presume the problem is more with the farmer than with the OP. The OP would just say that he/she had supplied paperwork to the farmer and assumed that the farmer had dealt with the tax. So long as the OP e-mails the farmer for a leaving certificate showing the pay and taxation, then it is the farmer in deep **** if it is not provided.

Assuming there is no employment contract, I would have thought the farmer could quite easily say he assumed it was more of a contracting relationship and the OP was doing the taxes. Certainly it is very hard to blame anybody else for not paying one's tax.

Assuming there is no employment contract, I would have thought the farmer could quite easily say he assumed it was more of a contracting relationship and the OP was doing the taxes. Certainly it is very hard to blame anybody else for not paying one's tax.

Oh come on. The farmer paid cash in hand, farmers aren't daft you know.

Your second visa will almost certainly be denied, but they will give you the option to withdraw before that happens. And you should withdraw if offered the option because a visa refusal can cause all sorts of problems for a long time. As you were paid cash in hand, I don't think you are going to convince immigration that you did the work without the farmers sign off.

Personally, I would recommend you put this behind you and start your three months somewhere else, properly and officially. You can withdraw one application and make another.

Yeah I agree with you here. I'm so overly stressed out I am

willing to do my 3 months again - but this time I will do WWoofing. I mean if my visa comes back accepted that's fine - but if it gets investigated can I withdraw, do 3 more months and apply again? Are you sure I can do that? It doesn't make sense that they would let you apply with 2 different ABN's?

I want to be 100% certain I can withdraw if investigated and apply again. How can I find this out :(

As per earlier post, you will be offered opportunity to withdraw before it is declined. But to be honest, as there is no support for your application, I personally think you could also just withdraw now.

As per earlier post, you will be offered opportunity to withdraw before it is declined. But to be honest, as there is no support for your application, I personally think you could also just withdraw now.

No, not all the time with this visa. There have been a fair few people turn up for help as their second year visa has been granted. Then later on immigration look into their work history (who knows why later, maybe if they realise there is a dodgy employer) and then the visa is cancelled and they get a three year ban.

Thanks for all the help guys.

How does the investigation process work? Would I have to explain myself to immigration and why I want to withdraw or is it a withdrawal request?

What do you mean by investigation? All visa applications are reviewed, but I have never considered it an investigation ... is there some specific process you are referring to beyond the usual review?

You don't need to explain why you wish to withdraw the application, no.

What do you mean by investigation? All visa applications are reviewed, but I have never considered it an investigation ... is there some specific process you are referring to beyond the usual review?

You don't need to explain why you wish to withdraw the application, no.

Investigations are pretty common as are reviews - there is a difference. An investigation would include immigration ringing the farmer to determine if the work took place, as well as asking the OP for pay slips.Second WHV applications have been refused before because of fraudulent claims of regional work, the applicants asked to leave the country with no possibility to apply a second time. You are not being helpful to the OP, a migration agent would be.

We of course do not know if an investigation is taking place or not.