From Scotland to Australia!?

Ryan92

I'm seriously considering it! I've some friends who live over there and during my time over last year I absolutely loved it!

I'd love to spend alot more time there ; to work and who knows, with a view to hopefully living over there forever.

The last part might be a bit of an ambitious plan but I just love the country.... it's getting the guts to just go for it!

Guest Chewitts
It's nothing that would help unfortunately ; just a retail assistant.

I've an honours degree in broadcasting but that won't help either :(

Unfortunately wanting to emigrate is not enough, you need either a job listed on the sol or CSOL lists, an Australian partner, or can claim citizenship by decent otherwise you will have no chance.

if you are seriously interested I would suggest that you speak to a Registered Migration Agent to discuss your options

Unfortunately wanting to emigrate is not enough, you need either a job listed on the sol or CSOL lists, an Australian partner, or can claim citizenship by decent otherwise you will have no chance.

if you are seriously interested I would suggest that you speak to a Registered Migration Agent to discuss your options

Im assuming he's backpacking since it's in the whv section although I know he did mention perm some day :)

welcome to the forum Ryan. Have you looked at the whv yet? Are you between 18-30?

Sounds like a good plan then! You can have a year or 2 to decide wether you want to retrain to move in the future. When are you planning on going? :)

Well I am going back over in May for 6 weeks to visit the friends I have over there so the plan would be to get back and then start saving like mad to get to where I need to be financially!

It's a terrifying prospect don't get me wrong but an exciting one at that.

Well I am going back over in May for 6 weeks to visit the friends I have over there so the plan would be to get back and then start saving like mad to get to where I need to be financially!

It's a terrifying prospect don't get me wrong but an exciting one at that.

Yeah everybody gets scared! At least you've been though. So are you planning on end of year then? I'm aiming for September or else I'll need to apply for a new visa. Least your friends will be able to help out with info etc. where in Scotland are you from?

Yeah everybody gets scared! At least you've been though. So are you planning on end of year then? I'm aiming for September or else I'll need to apply for a new visa. Least your friends will be able to help out with info etc. where in Scotland are you from?

Yeah, that fact I've been helps :) Yeah, ideally aiming for about September next year which seems realistic :)

I'm from Motherwell, just outside of Glasgow

That would be great :)!

Yeah really close, I work up Lanark way right enough ; work up in Carluke :)

There's loads of backpacking sites and Facebook pages too if you have a search. Have you booked up for May? If you were to hold off then you could probably manage to do a whv this year. I almost booked a holiday but just decided I'd be better just doing the whv. Holiday costs too much for only a few weeks. Small world then!! I lived in Carluke for a while. Prefer lanark though lol

There's loads of backpacking sites and Facebook pages too if you have a search. Have you booked up for May? If you were to hold off then you could probably manage to do a whv this year. I almost booked a holiday but just decided I'd be better just doing the whv. Holiday costs too much for only a few weeks. Small world then!! I lived in Carluke for a while. Prefer lanark though lol

Yeah im all booked up for May.

there is always plenty of overtime at work so when I get back I can just absolutely power it with the view to go over the following year :)

that's me spoke with my close friends and family and they all agree it's something I should jump at the chance for.

im going for it!! :)

only downside is my friends over there don't live in one of the major cities so finding work will be tougher!

Aiming for a 2016 arrival :)

If your looking for somewhere to work and save then your maybe better doing some sort of regional work which you'll need if you want a second year.

Well the good thing about this is the place where my friends stay falls under one of the regional areas :)

It's just getting a job in place that's gonna be the tough part!

• 2 weeks later...