WHV money

Rossy Lumsden

It says on their website under WHV subclass 417 that its 'about' $5000 usd so like Stacey said!! - but from what I have heard and read if you do get checked, if you have enough to support yourself until you get a job or prove you can support yourself with the amount you do bring I can't see there being a problem - after all that is just a 'rough' guide.. everyone coming on a WHV has different plans for when they get into oz!! I think I'm taking about $3000 but my parents are supporting me also with monthly payments into my bank and I'm coming with my boyfriend so he will also be supporting me!! I wouldn't worry about not having the full amount, especially if you are getting a job soon after you arrive etc :)

Lol i feel the same!! Even though I know I can support myself and others are helping me - have you booked your flights yet Stacey? I've got $1000 in my box so far!! - Really good exchange rate as well - £543 into $1000!! I'll be getting another $2000 in April but fingers crossed I can get more!! Scary to think it's actually happening....

Thats really good for the one way flight!! I paid £650 for mine from Manchester to Sydney but I'm flying with Emirates so paying for the airline more than anything!! Oh god :( I really hope you find a job! Do you have much saved up atm? Fingers crossed for you.. are you gunna get a job in Oz then straight away do you think??

Thats really good for the one way flight!! I paid £650 for mine from Manchester to Sydney but I'm flying with Emirates so paying for the airline more than anything!! Oh god :( I really hope you find a job! Do you have much saved up atm? Fingers crossed for you.. are you gunna get a job in Oz then straight away do you think??

Emirates sounds good! I did want to go with them but I can't afford it. This price is with etihad but maybe by the time I've booked it'll be gone. I'll just have to check nearer the time. I'll hopefully find a job by the end of the month, I don't stay in one area if I can't find work so I'll just move away again but I'd rather stay here if I can. Not got much saved up, I did have some savings from summer but they've gone now.. :unsure:

I think I'll be okay as long as I find work soon. My family will help out a bit, I didn't want to take anything off them but i might need to. I'll offer to pay it back though. I'm due a tax refund from the guernsey government but I bet it ends up being £20 lol. I paid £500 though. I'll spend a week or two being a tourist and then I'll look for work - if I can't find a normal job then ill do au pairing. What's your plans?

Well flights booked etc for the 10th September - Arrive on the 11th !! My boyfriend is coming with me on the date I go as well which is really lovely because I thought he was coming at a later date so I'm so glad I'm not going on my own... I think we will get a house-share or a flat for 2 weeks in Sydney have a look around, set up bank account, phone, medicare etc.. then find a job- I am gunna look at jobs before I go and try and have one lined up!! Either on a farm or Au pairing!! I hope it goes as smoothly as I want it to but like everything there is always hiccups!! Thinking of spending Christmas in Fiji then going to Sydney for New year! Flights are relativley cheap to Fiji also so I hope we really do that it would be amazing.

Like you my parents and family are helping me out, my Mum paid for my flights and visa and both parents are giving me money whilst I am there for the first year so I'm really lucky!! If you don't go in September is there no way of extending your visa so you don't have to pay the fee again?

That's good that your boyfriend is going with you at the same time. I'll be going alone so I'm Norma no mates lol.

Sounds like you've got a good plan. Christmas in Fiji sounds amazing! I've never looked at flights there but that would be such a cool thing to do. Are you planning on staying in aus 2 years? Nah I have to pay it again if I don't use it which is a pain

That's good that your boyfriend is going with you at the same time. I'll be going alone so I'm Norma no mates lol.

Sounds like you've got a good plan. Christmas in Fiji sounds amazing! I've never looked at flights there but that would be such a cool thing to do. Are you planning on staying in aus 2 years? Nah I have to pay it again if I don't use it which is a pain

Yeah originally he was going to meet me wherever I was at that point but he decided it'd be best if we go together :cute: Oh I'm glad you think so I'm just waiting for it to all go pear shaped at some point lol!! Yeah hopefully - but I could get into Oz and hate it or never want to come home so between 1 and 2 years!! What about you? I really hope you make it in September, even if you go and you haven't as much money as you'd hoped I'm sure you'll find a job soon enough!! Better then loosing visa cost maybe??

Yeah originally he was going to meet me wherever I was at that point but he decided it'd be best if we go together :cute: Oh I'm glad you think so I'm just waiting for it to all go pear shaped at some point lol!! Yeah hopefully - but I could get into Oz and hate it or never want to come home so between 1 and 2 years!! What about you? I really hope you make it in September, even if you go and you haven't as much money as you'd hoped I'm sure you'll find a job soon enough!! Better then loosing visa cost maybe??

I wish I was going with someone. Mostly because the flight is going to be soooo long, would be nice to have someone to talk to lol. I'm sure it won't go pear shaped! Not many people can say they spent Xmas in Fiji! Probably the furthest I'll get to go is New Zealand lol. I'm going to try and stay 2 years if I like it or if I don't want to stay 2 continuous years then I'll try and do my regional work anyway and just go the 2nd year before I'm

30. Just trying to go with a open mind, I usually get too stressed about plans etc. I hope so too! If I'm only short by a few hundred then I'll still go. I might try and improve my credit rating so I can bring a credit card as a backup. Not to use but just incase they pull me up at immigration lol. I'm sure they won't, I've iust been scared of that sort of thing ever since America lol. I was going to get a return flight to aus and just stay the year but I can guarantee if I do that then that'll mean I end up loving it and don't want to leave!