regional work areas and specified work?

boyd1991

Hi

I am just looking at work options to extend my 417 visa.

Would I be correct in saying that SA,NT and TAS are all classed as regional Australia including there capital cities?

Also in terms of specified work, I looked into it and construction is on there. I am a fire technician (works on building fire alarms etc). I believe this is included also ?

So in summary, does this mean I could do my current job in any of the above states and get my regional signed of by my employer?

Thanks in advance.

Boyd

Thanks Skani.

Would you also agree that fire tech falls under specified work as per this? http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Latestproducts/6FD7D5148520EFFBCA257B9500133E8E?opendocument

if this is the case why are people not just going to one of the states above and working in construction. Surely thats better than slaving away on a farm for little or no reward?

Thanks Skani.

Would you also agree that fire tech falls under specified work as per this? http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Latestproducts/6FD7D5148520EFFBCA257B9500133E8E?opendocument

if this is the case why are people not just going to one of the states above and working in construction. Surely thats better than slaving away on a farm for little or no reward?

The reason is that not many if any at all construction companies are willing to take on a WHV holder for a max 6 month post (especially since you only need 80 odd days to get the second visa). Most construction jobs are longer than that and they dont want to take the risk.