So I'm here!

HarrisonBell

Been a tad hectic and haven't been on for a while but I'm here in Australia!

Arrived 10 to 6 in the morning on the 13th October (local time) and haven't looked back since.

It was kind of daunting at first but fortunately started off with some family friends in Kew, which is probably an half hour tram ride just out of the CBD. After a few trips back and forth between Kew and the city, the lone tourist was ready to find a hostel and meet people. Typical me leaving it last minute and the same time a massive Jehovah witness convention was happening, it proved to be difficult securing a hostel.

I found myself one called The Exford Hotel, cheap and cheerful (pub with rooms) but a hostel nonetheless. Right in the center of ChinaTown you were never short for takeaway haha. After a few days on my own and couple of trips into the city and St Kilda, I was a bit down that I was doing all these cools things but on my own. The problem is don't be afraid to talk to people guys. Then one night an English lad and a Canadian girl whom were travelling together turned up to meet a lad who was staying in my hostel, now these two were about to check back into the Exford the following day. Now to cut a boring story short, a box of 'goon' later and numbers exchanged I'd just made two new acquaintances haha.

Since then so much has happened already, from beach trips, doing the great ocean road trip together, the eureka skydeck, plans of the east coast. All it takes is a simple hello.

Unfortunately after a drunken injury on cup day, I'm back in Kew with my leg In cast. (Don't ask!)

- A broken ankle will cause a lot of problems with plans of travelling.

Not that anyone's probably still reading but after Christmas I'm good to go again, fingers crossed and will be catching up with friends. I'm also looking to meet new people and will love to hear from anyone on here who's nearby?

I promise to to be more regular on here and more careful in future haha.

Harrison :)

Hey, thanks for sharing! I got here October 7th, so like a week before you. That's really bad to hear about your injury, hopefully it doesn't slow you down too much further than it already has. Your adventures sound good. I find it hard to have great nights out here because alcohol is so expensive, but there are definitely good places to go. What about work? Didn't see you mention that at all.

Keep having fun! I'm in Sydney.

Edited by JonathonS

Oh that's cool Jonathon, where have you been? What have you been doing? Yeah I know, sucks, but I've gotten past it now (onwards and upwards!) Cast comes off on the 15th December, fortunately I'm staying at friends again. Yeah so so expensive, I suppose when I'm working the price of things might make more sense?! I'm off to Griffith to catch up with my friend at a working hostel, they find you farm work. Currently I could go without work but it wouldn't hurt to have some extra money! Just waiting to see if a friend from England is returning or not, if so then I'll be in Sydney soon!

Edited by HarrisonBell

I went to Canberra, but other than that I've only been to Sydney. And I'll be in Sydney for months to come, so when you're here just hit me up. I could go without work too, but I'm greedy and am interested in saving money on top of what I already have saved. So you're doing 2 years in Australia with the farm work?

Been a tad hectic and haven't been on for a while but I'm here in Australia!

Arrived 10 to 6 in the morning on the 13th October (local time) and haven't looked back since.

It was kind of daunting at first but fortunately started off with some family friends in Kew, which is probably an half hour tram ride just out of the CBD. After a few trips back and forth between Kew and the city, the lone tourist was ready to find a hostel and meet people. Typical me leaving it last minute and the same time a massive Jehovah witness convention was happening, it proved to be difficult securing a hostel.

I found myself one called The Exford Hotel, cheap and cheerful (pub with rooms) but a hostel nonetheless. Right in the center of ChinaTown you were never short for takeaway haha. After a few days on my own and couple of trips into the city and St Kilda, I was a bit down that I was doing all these cools things but on my own. The problem is don't be afraid to talk to people guys. Then one night an English lad and a Canadian girl whom were travelling together turned up to meet a lad who was staying in my hostel, now these two were about to check back into the Exford the following day. Now to cut a boring story short, a box of 'goon' later and numbers exchanged I'd just made two new acquaintances haha.

Since then so much has happened already, from beach trips, doing the great ocean road trip together, the eureka skydeck, plans of the east coast. All it takes is a simple hello.

Unfortunately after a drunken injury on cup day, I'm back in Kew with my leg In cast. (Don't ask!)

- A broken ankle will cause a lot of problems with plans of travelling.

Not that anyone's probably still reading but after Christmas I'm good to go again, fingers crossed and will be catching up with friends. I'm also looking to meet new people and will love to hear from anyone on here who's nearby?

I promise to to be more regular on here and more careful in future haha.

Harrison :)

A box of goon has been the salvation to many a dire issue I found when on the road. Expect the unexpected and don't ask questions the following morning.