everyones starting budget.

adrianr84

So wanted to start a new thread where we can all say how much we plan on taking to Oz until we (hopefully) find some form of work.

We will all have different budgets but hopefully by doing this we can help each other to work out if we over budget or under budget.

Me 1st!

My aim is to travel from adelaide to cairns, then to uluru and back to adelaide. Maybe going to wwestern Australia afterwards.

I am looking at taking at least £4000 with me maybe a little more (this does not include flights to Oz)

I am more than capable at living off next to nothing, and able to make a meal out of basics so most my costs will go on accommodation and travel.

Feel free to add your budgets.

So wanted to start a new thread where we can all say how much we plan on taking to Oz until we (hopefully) find some form of work.

We will all have different budgets but hopefully by doing this we can help each other to work out if we over budget or under budget.

Me 1st!

My aim is to travel from adelaide to cairns, then to uluru and back to adelaide. Maybe going to wwestern Australia afterwards.

I am looking at taking at least £4000 with me maybe a little more (this does not include flights to Oz)

I am more than capable at living off next to nothing, and able to make a meal out of basics so most my costs will go on accommodation and travel.

Feel free to add your budgets.

Are you staying for the full year? I think you should be fine on that. Mines is depressingly low compared to yours, I think ill be just going with the minimum amount they ask unless I win the lottery tonight or get the hang of these football bets :laugh: I just don't have enough time to save more than that, things didn't go to plan as well as I hoped

Are you staying for the full year? I think you should be fine on that. Mines is depressingly low compared to yours, I think ill be just going with the minimum amount they ask unless I win the lottery tonight or get the hang of these football bets :laugh: I just don't have enough time to save more than that, things didn't go to plan as well as I hoped

That figure is basically how much I would need to do all my travels comfortably without need for work.

My budget may change for better or worse between now and then haha

How much are you planning on taking then Stacey?

I may just stay for a month or two, or find work and stay longer, gonna see how it goes

Probably around 2.5 or 3k. It really just depends on a few things. I really wanted more but it's doubtful. I'll just have to make do with what I've got I suppose!

Is that without things like flights and travel insurance?

Aslong as you have got a return flight or money aside you will do fine with that :-)

I am just budgeting for the worst case scenario that I dont find work and can still see what I want to see.

Yeah without flights. I kinda forgot about insurance! I haven't checked how much that will cost.

My family will give me something towards the trip but I don't know how much and I feel bad for taking it.

I'm just about to check my lottery tickets so wish me luck lol

Dont forget me if its a winner haha

I looked at travel insurance that will cover one year and include extreme sports I wanna try like sky diving and bungee jumps, most where £100 > £150 depending on excess level.

Even with medicare in Oz its best to have insurance too.

i'm not that great with heights haha but a firm believer that the only way to get over your fear is to tackle them head on........so might aswell jump out of a plane cos cant get much higher than that lol ive seen prices for around $300 which isnt bad, and they are tandem dives so you have an instructor!

i'm not that great with heights haha but a firm believer that the only way to get over your fear is to tackle them head on........so might aswell jump out of a plane cos cant get much higher than that lol ive seen prices for around $300 which isnt bad, and they are tandem dives so you have an instructor!

I wanted to do the Sydney bridge climb but I had second thoughts about that too lol. I'm hoping I don't chicken out of doing the sky dive, they might make a adrenaline junkie out of me yet lol. I heard one story though about a guy that jumped and his instructor died! I think that was in america

yeah but when you think of how many people do skydives each day compared to the fatality rate....more chance of winning the lottery!!!

the sydney bridge looks great and i would love to do that, but its supposed to be quite expensive for what it is, and you don't just go up by yourself or your group...they have loads of strangers going up together cos its that busy. i would rather saver the moment on my own or with people i am travelling with

its just like in london, people go on the london eye, but the better view is from the shard or emirates cable car!

i think the highlight of my trip i am looking forward to is a 3/4day trip to uluru visiting ayers rock and the national park surrounding it....camping in a tent under the stars with a few beers or a goon bag haha

never been camping????

aw mate you have missed out haha you need to do it for sure, especially if your drinking the night before.....waking up pissed/hungover in a tent then stepping outside wondering where the hell you are hahaha

I think I maybe camped in my friends garden when I was little but I have a feeling we gave up and went back inside lol. Never been proper camping before, I guess I would quite like to try it if I was with other people and I was sure I wasn't going to wake up with a big spider on my face! Being drunk might be one way of coping with it :laugh:

Sydney Tower restaurant?? You book ahead climbing the harbour Bridge. . Never heard of anybody not doing it together. . Getting split up. It's a must to do I'd say. . Both the bridge and the restaurant.

Not on a budget of £4k for the year though LOL there's half your budget gone in a week!