How much money do we need???

Mrleon

My girlfriend and I are arriving in Sydney on 2nd October on a WHV.

We are planning to stay in Sydney for a week then travel up the East Coast.

We will have about £3000 each.

Is this going to be enough and how quickly will we need to find more permanent accommodation and work?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Leon

3,000 British pounds is about 5 grand AUD, which is the minimum amount recommended for the WHV. Since you each have that and will be doing it together, you guys should be fine. But it'd probably be best to look for work right away or within a month or something. 5 grand won't go very far if you're looking to travel up the East coast with it.

I start my WHV in Sydney on October 7th. Let me know if you want to meet up!

Edited by JonathonS

Would you be insterested in buying a campervan and driving up the east coast? I say this as me and my girlfriend have just done the east coast and NT, got our days and now want to sell our van.. i would deffinatley recomend driving as you see so much and it is alot of fun, aswell as accomodation is alot cheaper when you can stay almost everywhere ont the east coast for free in a van! If you are interested drop me message. :) Also $5000 for the east coast each should be plenty! Airlie beach and the Whitsundays and Cairns great barrier reef will be the most expensive things you will probably do on the east coast the rest can all be done at a reasonable price :)

Edited by blossom
Removal of contact details as per forum rules

Me and my girlfriend are leaving September 8th next year and will have about £5000 each minimum, so 'hopefully' we are okay as well. Looking to stay in Sydney until the new year and then go traveling from Cairns through the East Coast. Looking to rent a camper van which i've seen a good one on travel wheels.com.au, £3,500 for 6 months. Well, i think that's good. Open to ideas :)

Cheers Jonathon, yeah we were planning to find work somewhere after 3 weeks to a month. What are your plans? How long will you be in Sydney for?

Hey, sorry for not replying earlier. I'll probably be in Sydney through New Year's, after that I'm not sure. But I'm definitely going to look for work right away, even though I have tons of savings.