End of WHV to tourist visa?

Britpop

Hi, please can anyone tell me if once the WHV is finished of you can stay as a tourist without actually applying for a tourist visa or leaving and re-entering in the county? It looks as though tourist visas are only granted outside Aus so is there another option?

Can you enter on a tourist visa if you already have a WHV as the tourist visa would run out later than the WHV?

Finally I understand there is a visitor visa that is more than 3 months, rather 6 or 12 but I can't seem to understand in what circumstances these are available?

Many thanks

If you don't apply for another visa before you WHV finishes or leave when it expires you will be illegal in Australia and likely be given a 3 year ban from the country when they catch up with you and remove you from the country or when you leave.

If you apply for another visa and it is granted while WHV is still valid the grant of another visa will override the WHV.

People applying for visitors visas straight after WHV are usually given a lot of scrutiny and asked to prove they have sufficient funds for their stay.

Sorry, one question,would my Medicare still be valid as a tourist? Thanks

No, but you would be covered under the reciprocal health care treatment agreement between the UK and Australia for emergency treatment only.

You also asked abut the six and twelve month tourist visas. If you are planning to apply for a long tourist visa after a WHV then be prepared for a lot of scrutiny and the ability to show generous funds available for your holiday.

Edited by Sammy1