Any other way to get another year in OZ?

Traveler1991

Hey, I've already spend one year in Australia on a WHV, yet like so many people on here I got screwed over by the farmer who disappeared on day 78 without signing my papers like i was promised, I was paid cash in hand so there's no way to prove I did any fruit picking work. I'm back home now and unable to get a second year there, there's so much i missed out on.

i wouldn't be able to afford to go there on a tourist visa, so I was wondering if there's ANY other way (legally) I could go back there to work and travel?

I heard some people go over to study and do online courses too which wouldn't enable me to work more than 20 hours a week, travel everywhere and just do a bit of studying online per week too, has anybody done this? Or know anything about it?

i have so many friends over there and would do anything for another year traveling around! I'm pretty desperate :(

You have to do an actual course and yes, you can't work more than 20 hours a week. Courses are expensive though. You are looking at at least $15k per year. Some courses are much more. You generally have no chance of being able to stay at the end.

If you can't afford to come on a tourist visa then a student visa isn't for you either. Many students struggle to get 20 hours work. Most employers want more hours out of you.

Ps, I did do the student visa and would never recommend it.

Im guessing you don't have an occupation on the sol or csol?

I do not have either of these, although with an online course you can work more than 20 hours a week, some people i worked with a 40 hour job in perth did this

No, you cannot work 40 hours a week as an international student. You can not do a purely online course either as an international student.

Ah dayum, so no other way? I won't even get a good will pass for sympathy if I call the oz embassy?

I take it you didn't pay tax on your earnings when you did regional work? Otherwise you could have proved it that way?

You are not going to get a sympathy visa, there is no such thing. You will just get a big phone bill whilst you wait on hold For an hour.

If you are not in an occupation on the SOL or CSOL, then no, at the moment there is no way back for you just yet.