Do I need hotel Booking?

Rock On

hi guys, i am applying for my first WHV and planniny to go to melbourne in December. i just want to know that do I need to book a

hotel? I mean is it a requirement for this visa? or can I go there and live anywhere? and maybe i will require more information later so

i will post those later. For now I just want to know about hotel booking. thanks guys

We have done the whole WHV thing and started off in Melbourne and no you don't need to book anywhere in advance - the landing card you get on the plane might ask for your address when you first arrive but you don't 'have' to have one - although I wouldn't recommend turning up with a suitcase and nowhere to go so booking somewhere in advance of your arrival would be a good decision :-)

thank you aconcannon, i was asking about this because I have my cousin in Melbourne and i am planning to stay at his home. Can I stay at his place and also do I need to mention his address at pessenger card? thanks again

We stayed with my uncle when we first arrived in Melbourne and so on our arrival card we put his address - you can just do the same. When you get off that plane you're just a number and the fact you're on a WHV visa no longer matters in a sense so you just fill your arrival card out and queue up for immigration just like anybody else - nobody is there is check anything so even if you left the accommodation box blank on your arrivals card nobody would bat an eyelid.

thank you. And one thing more can you tell me where did you applied for WHV? Was it online on Austalian Immigration website and how long does it take and is it compulsory to have bank statement and also can i travel from anywhere (I mean if the visa is granted in Uk then can i travel to australia from different country may be Pakistan). thanks again.

I know i am asking alot but its my first time so please forgive me. thanks

Yes we just applied for our WHV direct through the immigration website and if I remember rightly it only took about 2 weeks from applying for it before receiving it - but that was back in 2007 so things might be different now (but I doubt it). There are so many other websites and agents who you can apply for your WHV visa through but all they do is stick a charge on top of the visa cost so I wouldn't bother. It's an easy and straight forward enough application form so you won't need anybody to helpyou with it. In terms of bank statements we didn't have to provide any so I don't see why you would and I'm not sure if you have to travel from the UK - I don't thin kyou do, we flew out intially from the UK but spent 2 months in Thailand before arriving in Australia and that worked ok for us.