Aus, NZ + South east asia!

Tom Wood

New to the forum, wouldnt mind making a few mates before heading out there :)

Heading to Aus with my cousin on the 14th Oct this year from Manchester, using STA travel agents and going straight to Sydney, can't wait to go (obviously). Got plans to go up east coast, pop over to NZ for a little holiday and then go to Thailand in April next year, havent got much of a plan but know what we wanna do overall.. gunner pretty much wing it when we get there.

Main question: Would it be wise to book some accomodation prior to getting in Sydney or just find somewhere upon arival?

If anyones got a similar plan, wants to offer any advice or just have general travelling, feel free to get in touch :) pop on my profile for a little more info! :)

Tom

Thats what i was thinking, just thinking if there is some delay or anything, could end up missing a day that wev'e payed for, but i guess its not the end of the world, we arrive at 10pm so its gunner be late before we get out and into the city so may be worth booking somewhere.. Thanks

Thats what i was thinking, just thinking if there is some delay or anything, could end up missing a day that wev'e payed for, but i guess its not the end of the world, we arrive at 10pm so its gunner be late before we get out and into the city so may be worth booking somewhere.. Thanks

Yeah in that case I'd book something. The YHA ones look good especially the harbour one. It sounds like a really amazing trip

Yeah they seem good.. has anyone booked using STA before? They have "starter" packs where they pick you up from airport, give you some accomodation, BBQ's etc, i gues thats a good way to meet people and have a sense of security for the first few days?

I haven't heard much about sta's starter packs but if you really did want to do it that way then one company I've heard is good are ultimate travel, they used to be called ultimate oz. they do a similar one for Thailand. Most people seem to say your better just doing it all yourself but that really depends on the person I guess

They seem really good, plus weve got everything else throught them! thanks il check them out, see whats what. Im really independant so aren't too scared of justa rriving and going with it, but for the money it may be worth having stuff set up in place for the first few days until we get oreintated i guess! I imagine its going to be easy to meet like minded people when staying in hostels and stuff?

Yeah have a look, I'm sure they are all similar. It's probably only the activities that vary. Yeah apparently it's very easy to meet people in hostels, bars etc. I've never been to Australia but I stayed in a hostel in January and it was fairly easy to get chatting to some people but I'm fairly shy so if your not then you'll find it a lot easier