Travelling to Aus in September - ALL ADVICE WELCOME & APPRECIATED!

holleymayhew

Hello forum people!

I've just come across this cool site, so thought i'd get posting! Here's the deal..

Heading to Oz in September (with a couple of friends), landing in Brisbane and wanting advice on the best hostels/places to stay that arn't sky high in price. Have never been to Aus before however i keep being told how expensive it is, so i'm slightly worried about money out there and how to keep things sweet, cheap 'n easy and still have an awesome time :cute: Planning on having a month in Aus, then wanting to hop over to New Zealand to visit before returning back to Aus - this is when my next advice portal begins...where to even begin looking for work in Aus (taking into account there will be 3 of us, is it even possible to work nearby/alongside your travel buddies?! or will we have to split up?) Is it easy to find a job in Australia?

Anyone else travelling there at the same time feel free to keep in touch, would love to meet new faces of course!

Look forward to chatting! Holley. xo

Sounds similar to what im doing :)

You heading up the east coast at all? im travelling with my cousin planning a sydney to cairns trip (been done to death but sound amazing).. We're also planning on popping to NZ so would'nt mind any info off you with regards to cost, flights etc! Depends what jobs your looking for i guess?

We go middle of October!

Hey Holley, im headed to Brisbane on September 4th and im looking at booking into Bunk Backpackers hostel for my first week. It looks really fun and pretty well kitted out but its not the cheapest, if you put the name in youtube there's a video tour of the place if that helps your decision.

For Agricultural work (for the 2nd year visa), i hear Gatton near Brisbane is great for Onion picking September onwards. As for everything else i think you just have to be proactive in handing CV's out really. Though you need to do your RSA course (Responsible Service of Alcohol) before you can work in bar, you can do it online before you go, often works out cheaper too.