Backpacking buddies ??

Sophbob

Hi all,

is there anyone at the moment in Sydney looking to move on and would be interested in joining me ?

Iv come to Australia on my own and just a bit scared about moving new places and having to start all over again meeting friends while looking for jobs and sight seeing.

sorry about how weird I sound!

Sophie x

We'll I'm here till the 15th then was looking to move ? Are you on Facebook or anything so we can chat more I'm just on my way out ya see ?? X

Hi Sophie,

I at the same point right now....are you still loooking for someone to travel with? Hope to hear from you soon! Lena

Hi Soph,

I'm making my way over to Oz on June 2nd land on 4th! I'm 27 and on a working holiday visa initially starting in Sydney then moving on up the coast for a month. Be great to meet you and anyone else doing the same thing, It'[s a bit daunting on my own haha

Me and my boyfriend will be landing in Brisbane on 22nd July, were are you travelling to? We're also from Liverpool, would be good to meet up with familiar people :)

Hey :)

yeah I loved when I heard a scouse voice when is was here. I'm moving next week to Byron bay and then onto aaurfers paradise for a few days, then ending in Brisbane so I might even get there after you, but I'll be more than happy to meet up and say hello, but I'll be in the same boat about Brisbane I don't really know much about it x

Hi, I am coming out end of june, has it been really hard on your own? I am coming on my own and a little scared

Hey lizzie,

being honest no, I'm just a big baby and never been on my own b4! But everyone over here is lovely and always willing to help, so don't be scared love you'll do fine, where you actually going to in oz ??? x

I'm flying to Brisbane on the 22nd of June, then thinking of getting the train to the Gold Coast to start off, what have you done for work? x

Im still not working I'm just seeing what's what at the min like, going to look into work when I get to Brisbane though, if you stay in Brisbane and I'm still there for a couple of days, I can meet with you if you'd like x

Hello! I'm flying out on July 21st, also on my own. It's good to see I'm not the only one. I hope I can make some friends quickly, it's all a bit daunting!

Hi :)

youll be fine, everyone is so friendly, this website is a great way to meet people in the same situation anyways, you'll never be alone x

Hi :)

youll be fine, everyone is so friendly, this website is a great way to meet people in the same situation anyways, you'll never be alone x

I'm in Sydney too at the moment and looking to travel east coast asap. I have a surf camp booked until 23rd but then looking to move on if anyone fancies joining me? I'm 27 and only been here 3 days so still finding my feet!

Hi, that would be good, I fly on the 22nd so only arrive on 23 in the morning, Re money, is it expensive, I am hoping to get a job after a couple of weeks before I do all the things I want to do. I will be staying in hostels and maybe B&B and look to share with someone in a house, how much do you think a person needs to live out there for a month without going mad in bars/eating out but at the same time enjoying yourself? would you say £1,000 a month?

Hi, that would be good, I fly on the 22nd so only arrive on 23 in the morning, Re money, is it expensive, I am hoping to get a job after a couple of weeks before I do all the things I want to do. I will be staying in hostels and maybe B&B and look to share with someone in a house, how much do you think a person needs to live out there for a month without going mad in bars/eating out but at the same time enjoying yourself? would you say £1,000 a month?

I hope it will be less than that but do not want to fall short:arghh:

I hope it will be less than that but do not want to fall short:arghh:

Iv been in sydney 3 weeks and I've spent like 2000 dollars and that's not going out in bars, I don't know what Brisbane will be like though x

Thanks for that info, sounds like i may need more!!!! I am planning to stay on gold coast for 2 weeks to help adjust and look for a job in Brisbane, best get all the extra hours in at work to get every penny. Be good to meet up if your still in Brisbane when I arrive. x