Been in Oz 3 weeks now

Fordy87

Hey guys been in Oz for 3 weeks now, currently in surfers paradise Gold Coast. I'm looking at applying for jobs here as I really like it here and want to stay a while. Was wondering what do most backpackers wear to interviews as I (and I'm sure most other backpackers) don't have a suit they have taken with them.

Hi guess depends what job u go for. I work for a company that employs lots of back packers in call Centre. We interview every couple of weeks and the people that turn up wear a range of stuff. Some have suits. Many if not most are smart casual

Cheers for that :-)

Smart casual should do it. Just turn up and try and look like you've made an effort. Behave professionally, show an interest in the job and it will go a long way. If you have internet access it pays to do a bit of research on the company you are applying to. Just drop out a few little snippets of what you know about the company. It will all help.

Cheers guys, I assumed you would have to dress smart and make an effort etc, just don't really want to have to go out and spend money on shirts and trousers if I didn't have too, especially just for an interview. Also the fact of having to pack more crap when we move on, as chucking them and re-buying in the next place is another expense.

Go to your nearest salvos and have a browse through the clothes there Fordy. You can pick up a decent suit if need be and afford to be able to throw it. I buy all my levis from there for about $20, already worn in too.

Oh really? That sounds good, ill checking out, thanks!