Claiming Tax/ Super back.

dannymonaghan

I'm currently on a 12 month WHV, I have been traveling with my mate we have worked all around Australia so far, Sydney,Darwin, Brisbane, Gladstone and now Sydney again. We are around half way through our trip and have started looking at super we have paid and also tax. Can anyone tell us how this works with claiming tax and the super back ? Some backpackers have claimed you get all tax back, highly doubtful I reckon, so looking for some advice. Also we are doing the 3 minth regional for our 2nd year, we are going home first then applying for the 2nd year when back in the UK would this make any difference to claiming tax and super.

Cheers

Danny

Actually in relation to your question posted, it is possible to claim all of your tax back, but its very dependant on each individual case as Australian tax law is very complicated, for example if you file a claim yourself wrongly you can be fined by the ATO.

I myself did a year, claimed my tax and super back when i returned home and am now back for my second year, so you can do that no problem at all.