Backpackers hostels in Melbourne

aaronr271

Hey guys,

I'm going to be arriving in Melbourne the morning of 31/1/13, I'm going to do a 1 year working visa (hopefully extending it to a 2nd year too), can anybody recommend any decent backpackers hostels (or atleast an area within Melbourne which is best to stay to meet other backpackers).

My plan is to stay in Melbourne for up to 10 days, apply for farm jobs via gumtree/agencies/farms wherever, and then fly out to where the work is.

Thanks in advance!

I would advise you to not search a permanent accommodation yet. As it is looking that you are in search of a permanent living place. I think you can search a better option after arriving here in Australia. Just manage a place to live for a month or two and then search it locally by visiting different places personally. Best of luck..!

Edited by DavidHawk

Hotel Claremont isn't backpackers as such, More like a hotel but cheap and free breakfast included and some internet. Otherwise just check hostel world and use trip advisor for reviews as that'll see you right for a decent place.

We've had good experiences with airbnb too but you're not likely to meet people if that's your aim.