Arriving in Australia on a WHV in 2013

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

If you are arriving in Aus this year please post your details here ie what date you are arriving and where you are heading. Lets see if we can organise a PIO Backpackers Meet Up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you arrive? Any tips? X

I only arrived two weeks ago! I don't know enough to be handing out tips haha :) apply for as many jobs as possible! I have already had a company turn me down for a role because they thought I could 'do better' and as a result I had an interview today for a job with the same company but for more pay & better hours and responsibility! Get a profile on 'Seek' and apply for as many jobs as you can! And don't be scared to go alone :)

Guest lulum1986
I only arrived two weeks ago! I don't know enough to be handing out tips haha :) apply for as many jobs as possible! I have already had a company turn me down for a role because they thought I could 'do better' and as a result I had an interview today for a job with the same company but for more pay & better hours and responsibility! Get a profile on 'Seek' and apply for as many jobs as you can! And don't be scared to go alone :)

i have a job already. It's the rest I need help with. Where to go etc. with job I can work in every state in Australia lol. So I can't really narrow it down.

i have a job already. It's the rest I need help with. Where to go etc. with job I can work in every state in Australia lol. So I can't really narrow it down.

Getting a job is the main thing everyone seems to worry about, you have it easy! If you can get a job in any state then you should travel all over, that's what I wish I could do. I will do it some time!

Guest lulum1986
Getting a job is the main thing everyone seems to worry about, you have it easy! If you can get a job in any state then you should travel all over, that's what I wish I could do. I will do it some time!

Just don't know where to start etc. sorry if I offended you :S

Just don't know where to start etc. sorry if I offended you :S

Oh you didn't offend me in the slightest!! I just meant you are in a great position if you can get a job anywhere so you shouldn't be worried. I am in Sydney & it's amazing, a lot of people seem to start here then travel up the coast.

Guest lulum1986
Oh you didn't offend me in the slightest!! I just meant you are in a great position if you can get a job anywhere so you shouldn't be worried. I am in Sydney & it's amazing, a lot of people seem to start here then travel up the coast.

Aww do they? Well that's good. Cos I thought everyone seemed to start in Cairns then come down rather than the other way. Where are you staying? Any good pubs/bars/clubs near by?

Hi Guys!

On my whv back in 2009 I working in Sydney at a call centre. It was decent wages and chose your own hours am or pm shift.

Was good enough for me and if you don't mind that sort of work go for it.... Their called Call Centres Australia, not far from Central station.

They took on a lot of backpackers!

Good luck to you all, but as already mentioned just get out there and hand out those cv's or apply online Sydney has a high turnover of staff coming and going... don't be picky Aussies don't like that! If your hard working just go out and get work don't um n arr abouts standards of the job that you probably wouldn't even think of doing at home! if you end up working in Maccas hey ho you have a wage!

Are there any Nurses here going on a Working holiday Visa?

I'm a nurse. Just seems too much of a hassle to get registered at the Nursing Board with the medical check you have to do (and for me also the english proficiency test). You have to do it at the Nursing board of each state you want to work in.

Don't know if other nurses did go on a WHV and how easy it is to get a job.