Building Site Management

106Lad

Hi All,

Ive just joined and done a through search through the site.

Im a 27 year old Northern Irish guy who's currently working in London. Im what you would call 'stuck in a rut' and a friend and i have discussed getting away from it all for a year "at least?" and moving to Oz on 417 WH Visas. Were not on Gap years from uni and working is what im looking at doing out there.

Now he is a Panel Beater by trade and i am a Site Manager as mentioned and i have been for nearly 10 years which vast amounts of experience in Fit-Out working on High Spec, High Class projects in London.

We have had a look and there are several positions for Panel Beaters that sometimes offer "relocation assistance and sponsorship", but in terms of the Site Manager side of things im not seeing much in the way of any packages of deals along these lines.

Has anyone done this before, and are employers likely to employ with a WHV Visa with a view of sponsorship?

Id appreciate any comments :)

Mark

Has anyone done this before, and are employers likely to employ with a WHV Visa with a view of sponsorship?

Id appreciate any comments :)

Mark

Yes this is possible, sometimes it comes down to luck with a good employer, but if you have the qualifications, skills and experience this can be achieved.

Yes this is possible, sometimes it comes down to luck with a good employer, but if you have the qualifications, skills and experience this can be achieved.

The bottom line of what i was worrying about is they wont be put off by the fact im on a 417 Visa?

The bottom line of what i was worrying about is they wont be put off by the fact im on a 417 Visa?

No, they can try you out for 6 months before they decide if they want to sponsor, this is a big advantage and they are only sponsoring you (you are not coming with a family.)

Also if you do the 3 month regional work you can get a 2nd WHV and you can work for the same employer for 6 months on your 2nd WHV as you did on your first, so you could work for 1 employer for 1 year out of the 2 years.

If is not just fruit picking for the 3 month regional work, there are some construction based roles that can qualify for the 2nd WHV.

Some people land on their feet and find a sponsor no problems, others need to put more work in it. Some of it is luck, who you know.

If you are determined to stay in Australia, get an agent to check out your case as you could qualify for a General Skilled Migration, and you can apply for this in Australia, this is more work with skills assessments and IELTS, but you would most likely qualify for PR, if you were able to get a positive skills assessment.