When should I start my Working Holiday trip?

Alon

Hi all,

I am having some weather doubts about my trip, thought you might be able to help.

My "plan" for now is to get to Australia at early April, work for 3/4 months and travel after..

Since I'm not too familiar with the Australian seasons and weather I am not sure how good that idea is anymore..

Any thoughts ?

Will it be winter all over the country by the time I finish working ?

When is the best time to start a working holiday ?

thx alot (:

No specific destination yet, I'm trying to figure out what area will be the best for these months - that is if there is such place at all.. which is also something I am trying to figure out..

Edited by Alon

Australia is a huge place. Where you go at what time is very dependant on seasonal times of year. For example, parts of WA are better done in June/ July due to the wet season... however if you are not intending to travel that part it's no use people giving any advice on that. You need to be more specific to get good advice.

Winter is very different at various states... you don't specify what work you might be doing.... broadly speaking the country does follow the same summer/winter pattern... but there is massive variation.... as can be expected in a massive country!

Guest c20letvan

I'm going in october/november time starting in brisbane as i have family there. I'll spend 1-2 weeks chilling and relaxing with them then i'm heading down to sydney for the xmas and NY then after thats over i'll slowly work my way back up the east coast, working and partying as i go and also doing my 88 days rural work which ill probs do straight after the new year.

Australia is a huge place. Where you go at what time is very dependant on seasonal times of year. For example, parts of WA are better done in June/ July due to the wet season... however if you are not intending to travel that part it's no use people giving any advice on that. You need to be more specific to get good advice.

Winter is very different at various states... you don't specify what work you might be doing.... broadly speaking the country does follow the same summer/winter pattern... but there is massive variation.... as can be expected in a massive country!

Firstly, Thx for the replay..

Secondly, I'm looking for a fruit picking job, which by my research basically can be found anywhere at any time, so it doesn't affect me that much(right?)..

I don't know much about Australia yet, so I can't point out on a specific location I wanna be at.. all I know is :

I've already made up my mind that I wanna travel there

The must realistic date for me is March/April

I wanna do a fruit picking job for 3/4 months and then explore the country

Knowing that, I now need to find out what is the best place for that..

Lets say I work April-July -> is July a good time to travel somewhere in the country ? if so, where ?

Thx alot again!

Guest c20letvan

Your questions are too general pal, everyone is going to travel for different reasons, want to do different things etc etc. the list is endless.

So what we know is

You want to do fruitpicking as a job - that can be found all over aussie anytime of the year.

Why are you going?

What do you want from the time in australia?

Hiya mate. I am travelling to Perth in February, & then as the winter kicks in I will head north. The north of the country is best in the winter as it is still hot & isn't the 'wet' season. I will stay north until the spring/summer & then head down the east coast. Seasonal work can be picked up in most places along the way so I am just going to do it as & when needed/possible. Work can be found in most places so you need to decide what part of the country you want to see. East coast is more the beach life & west coast is more country & wildlife. I want to see it all, hence me starting in the west & making my way around the whole of the islands coast other than the southern coastline. Hope this helps

Firstly, Thx for the replay..

Secondly, I'm looking for a fruit picking job, which by my research basically can be found anywhere at any time, so it doesn't affect me that much(right?)..

I don't know much about Australia yet, so I can't point out on a specific location I wanna be at.. all I know is :

I've already made up my mind that I wanna travel there

The must realistic date for me is March/April

I wanna do a fruit picking job for 3/4 months and then explore the country

Knowing that, I now need to find out what is the best place for that..

Lets say I work April-July -> is July a good time to travel somewhere in the country ? if so, where ?

Thx alot again!

Well I went to the north, Darwin, in June / July as the dry weather suited me best up there that tie of year. Personally I would avoid north NT and north QLD in Jan - March because I don't like rain or too much humidity, but other than that I woudl travel anywhere at anytime of the year. I don't think there is anywhere that needs to be particularly avoided in July. However as others have said, we are all different and want to do different things and so it is very hard to guide you on this limited information.