Working Holiday in December...

Guest Adam2012

Guest Adam2012

Hi Everyone, me and my girlfriend are planning on a working holiday from mid-late November until early January in Brisbane or the surrounding area (Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast etc). Im 28 and shes 22, we plan on spending our evening just chilling out really enjoying the sun and stuff and weekends will be for checking out local attractions like skydiving, beaches, themeparks, wildlife parks? im just wondering if anyone has any advice on a good area to stay to get the most out of our visit? at first i was thinking of staying around Brisbane CBD and just accessing the Gold Coast and other places from there but then i thought maybe the CBD area isnt that good for just chilling out and travelling places could get expensive? then i thought about staying in the Gold Coast instead and after a while my head started to hurt so decided i need some inside advice. I can stay pretty much anywhere providing there is a stable internet connection as i work remotely, im totally open to a house/flatshare and that looks like the best option. We wont be hiring/buying a car so any travel will be by bus/train. Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks - Adam

I arrived in Brisbane on friday, I'd say any hostel is really in walking distance, there are loads. Houseshare you might struggle to find one, a:before you get here and b: that will let you stay only a shore time, have you considered doing just a normal holiday if you're only doing 3 months? CBD is fine for travelling, there's lots of trains and busses and stuff that go from there. Also, it's hot. REAL HOT!

Guest Adam2012

Hey nickachu hope everything's going ok for you man I've been following your thread on your journey. What do you mean a normal holiday? Do you mean a shorter time? There seem to be a few short stay places kicking around its just trying to nail down the best location that is a tough one. I'm good with hot weather :) haven't had any in years. Are you planning on travelling around much? Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast etc? Where are you located? I've been looking into kangaroo point....

Im looking at a place in grange and bardon today. We'll see how that goes. Well by normal holiday I mean if you're only planning on staying for 3 months then it might just be worth getting a tourist visa, rather than the working holiday, if you get what I mean. Im not really sure yet, I've got a year, so we'll see how it goes. I got a job now so that'll keep my busy right up through till January they said, so hopefully I'll be able to save a few bucks and might go travel around a bit after, we'll see!

Guest Adam2012

Thanks for the advice its really appreciated :) ive decided its just going to be a holiday holiday now, workings no fun anyway. Will i just need the ETA (Visitor) Visa for this? thanks - Adam

[h=3][/h]