2nd year visa job

Guest amyleatherdale

Guest amyleatherdale

Hello.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I currently live in Brisbane and am looking for work to qualify as part of my 88 days for a second year visa. I understand this leads me to farm work and crop/fruit picking and possibly volunteering . I am experienced with horses and would love to find somewhere that includes working with them. I would appreciate any websites or advice as im finding it hard to find somewhere and don't want to run out if time.

Thank you so much for any help.

Amy

Guest The Pom Queen

I will move this to the WHV/Backpackers section for you.

I know there are a few jobs going at the moment on the cattle stations that involved working with horses but they may also require other things like driving tractors etc.

Take a look at:

Headingly Station, near Urandangie, is 200km south west of Mount Isa. The property of 1,003,215ha is a breeding station running approximately 40,000 predominantly Santa Gertrudis cattle.

They currently require 2 staff, job description:

Principally engaged in stock camp operations; such as mustering, drafting, trucking of cattle including the use of horses and motor bikes

Manage horses and plant

Conduct supplement delivery system and report usage

Vehicle and Machinery operations and general station duties

Apply chemicals as required

Wondoola Station - 1 job going (same kind of work as above)

Wondoola are looking for experienced and motivated people with previous experience in a similar role to join Wondoola Station which is situated 130km south of Normanton, 480km north east of Mount Isa, and 700km west of Cairns. The property of 252,500ha is a breeding station running approximately 23,000 predominantly Brahman cattle, with all steers shifted off to the growing out areas.

Canobie Station - 1 job going

looking for experienced and motivated people with previous experience in a similar role to join Canobie Station which is situated 200km north of Cloncurry. The property of 429,065ha is a breeding station running approximately 40,000 predominantly Brahman cattle.

If you have no luck with any of these give me a shout as I have a few contacts.