Declaring Convictions HELP!

Guest Lucky22

Guest Lucky22

Hi all,

I'm 22 and have just completed my working holiday application.

Little bit worried now, I have got driving offences from when i was younger including: Drink driving, driving with no insurance and driving without a license... all on the same night in 2005 (bad year!!) :/

I'm worried it may jeopardize my chances of getting the application accepted! I didnt lie, and put that i do have offences that are traffic related.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on this???

Any help to put my mind at rest would be great!!!

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lucky22

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I didn't lose my licence as I was only 15 and obv couldn't have had a licence.

I haven't declared them on the WHV, I only declared the no insurance I got in 2008 on the application.

I wondering wether to declare them all on the landed card? What's your advice on that?

Thanks again

hmm not sure then, i only had the one and was honest about it. But i guess if they do a criminal record check then it may show up and they may ask questions. Not sure whats on the landing card so don't know about that.

I would have recommended putting everything down on the application though

Hi all,

I'm 22 and have just completed my working holiday application.

Little bit worried now, I have got driving offences from when i was younger including: Drink driving, driving with no insurance and driving without a license... all on the same night in 2005 (bad year!!) :/

I'm worried it may jeopardize my chances of getting the application accepted! I didnt lie, and put that i do have offences that are traffic related.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on this???

Any help to put my mind at rest would be great!!!

Thanks

dont worry yourselve about any of the above... thats the standard here anyway! they'll love you...

Guest Lucky22

Eeeekk worried now!!!! Ive already processed my application now. Wonder if I can amend my application ? :-/ do you know if they would check everything even thought I'm going over on a WHV ?

Guest Lucky22

Yes i went to court for it. So silly I was 15 years old, the most of had it out for me :( I know I've thought about mentioning about it being spent, it does say on the application to write down the convictions that have been removed also.

Guest Lucky22

I know I've read up on this forum about people with serious offences, just a tad worried.

I think al declare them all on the landing card, only trouble is if the compare the visa with the landing card. And start questioning :-/

I know I've read up on this forum about people with serious offences, just a tad worried.

I think al declare them all on the landing card, only trouble is if the compare the visa with the landing card. And start questioning :-/

Mate just be honest with them. Note it on your landing card and if they do ask why you didn't put it on your visa, again tell the truth. You did say you told them you had driving convictions? Since then you have got further advise and thought if was best to declare them, and you have then to.d them everything. They will ask you what it was all about, again just tell them the truth and don't try and hide anything

Guest Lucky22

Ok thanks for all your advice . Just got the painful wait know to hear back from them to see if I've been accepted.

Do you know how long they normally take to process the WHV?

I was watching "nothing to declare" the other day and someone declared a conviction on the landing card (it was more serious than driving offences) that they had not disclosed on the visa application. They didnt let them in. I agree that being honest with them and declaring it on the landing card is better that not declaring anything at all but you run the risk of being turned away if you do that. I think you should look into seeing if you can amend the application.

Good luck

I cannot emphasise this enough - DECLARE them NOW!! Australians are so tight on red tape, and if you declare them later, you will most definitely have problems (PS. My uncle is head of security at Melb Airport and can tell many a tale).

Guest Lucky22

I've read up on amending the application, it just mentions emailing them with any changes.

Think al get on with that tonyt!!:huh:

Better than yours.

You can just pleade ignorance if you get rumbled lucky. If you admit it before you land then you are already on your way to being turned back.

Sorry yes you are right, you can plead ignorance. That will just mean that they will be even more suspicious as to why you failed to declare any convictions on your visa app and the landing card.

I think my advise is a worthwhile considering the others responses on this thread.

Better than yours.

You can just pleade ignorance if you get rumbled lucky. If you admit it before you land then you are already on your way to being turned back.

Dont really understand this, whether you plead ignorance or not you will still get in bother and more if they think you are trying to pull the wool over there eyes, surly honesty is the best policy