WWOOFing :)

PommyPaul

me and stacy have done abit of wwoofing since we've been travelling and we really have got to recomend it to anyone thats hitting the backpacker trail, its easy to let funds get low or have trouble finding work in an area and wwoofing is a great way tolive cheap or free whilst job hunting or finding the next step in your joiurney!

Plus big bonus!!! it counts towards your second year visa!! stacy has clocked up 19 days out of the 88 already!!

http://www.wwoof.com.au/

so anyone recomend any good wwoofing hosts? or any people should stay clear of?

:hug:

Guest guest37336
me and stacy have done abit of wwoofing since we've been travelling and we really have got to recomend it to anyone thats hitting the backpacker trail, its easy to let funds get low or have trouble finding work in an area and wwoofing is a great way tolive cheap or free whilst job hunting or finding the next step in your joiurney!

Plus big bonus!!! it counts towards your second year visa!! stacy has clocked up 19 days out of the 88 already!!

http://www.wwoof.com.au/

so anyone recomend any good wwoofing hosts? or any people should stay clear of?

:hug:

Hi mate.

When I was doing the backpacking thingy nothing like this existed, but great idea mate.:notworthy:.

I was a little trepadatious about looking at this thread as there was one on here yesterday about 'Dogging', didn't want my sensibilities disturbed,:biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Kate, yeah it's pretty easy to get work wwoofing, Paul's been a member for a while (you do have to pay around 60-70$ for a years membership but you're also insured) but never done wwoof-ing until we both done it together, I just signed up recently before I went to the farm we just worked at. You work 4-6 hours a day in exchange for food and accomodation. A lot of the work is farm work but there is a variety of other jobs too. We (our first wwoof work) just stayed in Denmark on a farm called Pentland alpaca farm and was really good. It's open to the public aswell so as we worked got to see people come and go during the day! The couple who run it are very hospitable and friendly and we stayed in a seperate house to them. Wwoofing is also a great way to meet other travellers as there is sometimes up to a group of people staying and doing the same thing as you.