Backpacking around Australia

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

We seem to have quite a few members out there who are already or about to backpack around OZ. I thought this forum would be great to put any work contacts in, let us know which hostels are any good and which to avoid. Etc

Adelaide YHA - supposed to be good but I found it a bit run down and they were rather up themselves, and also limit the time you can stay there (I think it is 2 weeks).

Shakespear Backpackers (also in Adelaide) - too many beds to a room and the cleaning was rather haphazard but not as stuck up as the YHA.

Adelaide YHA - supposed to be good but I found it a bit run down and they were rather up themselves, and also limit the time you can stay there (I think it is 2 weeks).

Nooooooo don't say that - we're booked in for our first two weeks in Oz there! I've heard nothing but good things about it (searching high and low for all reviews/thoughts online) especially how clean it is :( :cry:

It is fine you are not going to a dump - it is in my book probably about a 6 out of 10 just over the minimum standard. If you get someone on the desk who is friendly you could probably stretch that to a 6.5. Bonus is that it is in the city so there is no travelling.