Reviews for working for fantastic framing Backpacker job

Littletraveller6511

Hi,

I'm interested in a job I've seen with fantastic framing aimed at backpacker workers! It's Accomadtion included also.

I want to know what it's like to work for this company? Is it too good to be true ? Have you or do you know someone who has worked this job and if so tell me your take on it please !

Every detail is appreciated !

Thanks !!

Guest The Pom Queen

I'm not sure to be honest. I looked at the reviews on google and they all seem dodgy as though they were paid to give them a positive review.

Is the job commission based ?

• 5 months later...

Hello, I have the same question, do you have any testimony about Fantastic Framing ? I had an interview today, seems to be really interresting but ... I want to know what it's like to work for this company? Is it too good to be true ? Is it easy to increase our salary?

Thank you for your answer !!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Unregistered

I worked with this company for 8 months while I was in Australia I can say it is not for everybody. The job consists of you going door to door and selling oil paintings nothing to do with framing at all. It is completely commission based. How the pay works is you will sell try to sell the paintings at $160 of that $160 you give back $95 to the company so you can sell it for less than that if you want and still make money if it is a tough sell. You will also make more the more paintings you sell during that day so it goes 1st - painting you give back $95 2nd - $95 3rd-$65 4th-$95 and 5th- $25 then it restarts.

Did I make money? yes but not a lot they do big it up as a great way to make tons of money. You can don't get me wrong if you are good you can make loads in one week I made $1300 but you can also get weeks where you make $200.

The main reason I stayed for that long is the people it is an amazing atmosphere you live in an apartment with the people you work with for very cheap only $150 a week rent. You really get to know the people and make some good bonds that's why I loved it also they are based in 3 cities Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane so you can travel and sometimes they do road trips to other places like Adelaide and other small cities around Australia.

In conclusion this job is what you make of it I would say give it 2 weeks if you don't start selling and making money it probably isn't for you. But if you do you will enjoy it a lot and you can put door to door sales on your resume which is very impressive to employers. When I came back to the UK I got a job selling cars in 2 weeks because of how impressed they were with that experience.

• 4 months later...
Guest jerrythecat

Did anybody else worked for them, maybe from the people who previously asked for the reviews? I had an interview with them as well, and it seems just too easy for me. And too good to be true. Anyway, please if somebody has bad experiences with them, let me know. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I don't know about this company in particular but I have completed my farm work and know from experience if it looks too good to be true, it DEFINITELY IS !! not probably haha!

Just keep looking around and something perfect will come up - id steer away from working anywhere which offers 'piece rate' as you may end up severely underpaid for example if the weather turns bad. Just make sure you find a job which is sustainable and is guaranteed for the amount of time you need to have under your belt!

I will actually be creating content on rural work in Australia as I am returning to where I completed by 3 months farm work last year in 4 weeks time ! 

Hey guys,

I stayed with Fantastic Framing for 8 Months and pretty much had the best time of my life. Well I have to say that, the job is definitly not everyone. As I was promoted to team leader for the last 6 months, and managed a whole group of travellers from all around the world - I've seen loads of people coming and going. Some making ridicoulus amounts of money (>1,5k a week) and some staying in a normal range from 600-800 a week, and some leaving after a 1-day tryout. The idea is, that you have to work hard, train the pitch and be more of an entertainer, than a sales man. This job is all about energy, if you think of yourself, that you are a low energy person, not able to pitch and talk to people about 4-5 hours a day, then this job might not be right for you. Anyway, if you invest your time, maybe have a good leader for area choosing and practice, then you'll be all set. You'll definitly have a great time meeting amazing people, travelling a lot, also if you choose not stay for long. I'd tell everybody to give it a shot. Also, the promotion possibilities are damn fine if you do a good job.

They've just opened a new place in Perth. Plenty of familys with big white walls to be satisfied with fantastic oil paintings!

If you got further questions, feel free to contact me!

Cheers mates

Hey guys,
I stayed with Fantastic Framing for 8 Months and pretty much had the best time of my life. Well I have to say that, the job is definitly not everyone. As I was promoted to team leader for the last 6 months, and managed a whole group of travellers from all around the world - I've seen loads of people coming and going. Some making ridicoulus amounts of money (>1,5k a week) and some staying in a normal range from 600-800 a week, and some leaving after a 1-day tryout. The idea is, that you have to work hard, train the pitch and be more of an entertainer, than a sales man. This job is all about energy, if you think of yourself, that you are a low energy person, not able to pitch and talk to people about 4-5 hours a day, then this job might not be right for you. Anyway, if you invest your time, maybe have a good leader for area choosing and practice, then you'll be all set. You'll definitly have a great time meeting amazing people, travelling a lot, also if you choose not stay for long. I'd tell everybody to give it a shot. Also, the promotion possibilities are damn fine if you do a good job.
They've just opened a new place in Perth. Plenty of familys with big white walls to be satisfied with fantastic oil paintings!
If you got further questions, feel free to contact me!
Cheers mates

Well that was very naughty of you. As a WHV holder you are only allowed to stay with an employer for 6 months. Immigration can ask you to leave if you fail to abide by the rules- I certainly wouldn’t be advertising the fact on a board that Immigration are known to frequent and leading other WHV holders astray isn’t a good move either.

8 hours ago, Quoll said:

Well that was very naughty of you. As a WHV holder you are only allowed to stay with an employer for 6 months. Immigration can ask you to leave if you fail to abide by the rules- I certainly wouldn’t be advertising the fact on a board that Immigration are known to frequent and leading other WHV holders astray isn’t a good move either.

Maybe not.

"I loved it also they are based in 3 cities Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane"

However, you do not need to seek permission to work with the same employer for up to 12 months, in circumstances where the work is undertaken in different locations and work in any one location does not exceed six months.

For example, you can work with one employer for up to 12 months in the following situations:

• hotels, resorts or restaurants within the same chain, provided they are in different premises
  • independently owned franchises, in different workplaces
  • State and Territory schools and health care facilities, provided these facilities are at different addresses
  • separate branches or facilities (for example abattoirs or farms) of the same organisation or business owner.

On 4.3.2018 at 03:13, Stung said:

Maybe not.

"I loved it also they are based in 3 cities Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane"

However, you do not need to seek permission to work with the same employer for up to 12 months, in circumstances where the work is undertaken in different locations and work in any one location does not exceed six months.

For example, you can work with one employer for up to 12 months in the following situations:

• hotels, resorts or restaurants within the same chain, provided they are in different premises
  • independently owned franchises, in different workplaces
  • State and Territory schools and health care facilities, provided these facilities are at different addresses
  • separate branches or facilities (for example abattoirs or farms) of the same organisation or business owner.

Yhea and eventually, with all the road trips between sydney, brisbane, adelaide, melbourne.. this is easily done.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a really old thread but I thought I’d comment just in case someone comes looking for info - the job is door to door selling using sales tactics that breach consumer law in Australia. The employer will not school you on consumer law, eg. that you must provide buyers with ID and a cooling off period. It’s a job where you’re essentially breaking the law. A previous poster said rent is $150 a week. That’s hefty for share accommodation in Brisbane - you’d be better off getting a job and finding a housemate.