Canberra Newbies

Mark1976

Hi

I am moving to Canberra in a few weeks time and would like to hear from anyone about to move to Canberra, or anyone who has recently moved there and how they are finding life in the ACT.

I am 38 and come from the UK, although I have been living in Auckland, NZ for the past 2 years.

Feel free to drop me a line

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi

I am moving to Canberra in a few weeks time and would like to hear from anyone about to move to Canberra, or anyone who has recently moved there and how they are finding life in the ACT.

I am 38 and come from the UK, although I have been living in Auckland, NZ for the past 2 years.

Feel free to drop me a line

Thanks

Mark

thanks Mark - would be good to meet up when you get here. You can contact me via here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ditto - been in Canberra three and a half years and have generally felt very smug about it. As Australia's model capital pretty much everything is maintained spick and span; we get to enjoy it and the rest of Australia gets to pay for it :-)

Love the climate, countryside and the ease of getting around, the only irritants are the lack of decent pubs and local villages....with decent pubs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

We are a family of three- Raluca, Daniel and Jason (5 years old). We are romanians moving to Canberra from UK :) We are planning to fly to Canberra at the beginning of September. We don't know anyone there so if there is anyone in Canberra who would like to make (new) friends, we are available :)

• 2 months later...

Hey all, I'm moving to Canberra next week, currently live in Brisbane, and have been in Australia for 5 years, but am originally from near Manchester.

My partner and I would be keen to meet some people in Canberra who are willing to play tour guide. I bake cakes and cookies as payment...

See you soon???

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...